Alsea anyone?

R
RIVERFISHER
so i read in the paper that alsea is happening right now.. has anyone gone bye chance and done any good.. im going to try to go sat or sunday.... if anyone free to go maybe we can meet ......:think:

C
chunk_style
I was hoping to get there this weekend too! Are you banking it? What section are you planning on hitting?

B
bigdog
RIVERFISHER said:
so i read in the paper that alsea is happening right now.. has anyone gone bye chance and done any good.. im going to try to go sat or sunday.... if anyone free to go maybe we can meet ......:think:

I would mind meeting up and going somewhere that is doing good now where is the Alsea?

R
RIVERFISHER
bigdog said:
I would mind meeting up and going somewhere that is doing good now where is the Alsea?

alsea is bye corvallis just outside of philomathg...

R
RIVERFISHER
chunk_style said:
I was hoping to get there this weekend too! Are you banking it? What section are you planning on hitting?

we will prabably fish from the hatchery down across the bridge back in there....just banking it

R
RIVERFISHER
well im going to attempt heading over to alsea in the morning i think....was wondering if anyone knows how bad marys peak is for ice or snow......

C
chunk_style
Did ya make it?

R
RIVERFISHER
chunk_style said:
Did ya make it?

didn't make it.. had to much stuff going on and the wife dedcided maybe i wasn't going... so now i got the full day sunday....ill fill you in on my catch on sunday night...

C
Commodore S
Check level

Check level

RIVERFISHER said:
didn't make it.. had to much stuff going on and the wife dedcided maybe i wasn't going... so now i got the full day sunday....ill fill you in on my catch on sunday night...

Better check levels R.F. We went yesterday only for a couple of hours, didn't bring anything home though. Water was on the rise, and color was bad getting worse. Lots of guys fishing from the bridge to the hatchery, so if you want a spot up there B.Y.O.Rock:lol:

R
RIVERFISHER
Commodore S said:
Better check levels R.F. We went yesterday only for a couple of hours, didn't bring anything home though. Water was on the rise, and color was bad getting worse. Lots of guys fishing from the bridge to the hatchery, so if you want a spot up there B.Y.O.Rock:lol:

lol ya whats to hi of water level there to really fish?i know that they say 5 ft is real good and below it is bad but i dont know what to hi is.. right now it is at 7.59

C
Commodore S
RIVERFISHER said:
lol ya whats to hi of water level there to really fish?i know that they say 5 ft is real good and below it is bad but i dont know what to hi is.. right now it is at 7.59

Just seems to me that you lose a lot of bank access after 7'. I like it between 4-6'. I also think that when the river comes up it picks up a bunch of the oak & maple leaves which stains the water to a dark cup of coffee = bad vis. With the rain thats supposed to be coming in tonight it could hit 9'. Not trying to talk you outa going, I wanted to hit it myself. It's just no fun on the weekends combat fishin':protest:. but good luck to ya anyhow

Troutski
Troutski
Florescents...

Florescents...

Commodore S said:
Just seems to me that you lose a lot of bank access after 7'. I like it between 4-6'. I also think that when the river comes up it picks up a bunch of the oak & maple leaves which stains the water to a dark cup of coffee = bad vis. With the rain thats supposed to be coming in tonight it could hit 9'. Not trying to talk you outa going, I wanted to hit it myself. It's just no fun on the weekends combat fishin':protest:. but good luck to ya anyhow

These are the conditions that the florescent colors come in very handy, at least in my area; when the waters gets stained the bright colors bring on the strikes.
If you were lucky enough to be in the lure swap you have a set of my hand painted florescent spinners.

Chuck

R
RIVERFISHER
Troutski said:
These are the conditions that the florescent colors come in very handy, at least in my area; when the waters gets stained the bright colors bring on the strikes.
If you were lucky enough to be in the lure swap you have a set of my hand painted florescent spinners.

Chuck

damnit i missed the swap....imma hfta buy some of those bright ones of ya lol....

R
RIVERFISHER
man fishing was horrible.... alsea sucked... shoulda listened and not went.. but on the way back i remembered i had some trebble hooks in my bag so friend and i stopped at a pond that gets real shallow and snagged carp... found about 100 of them and was having a snagfest till we botyh lost our hooks:(..... caught a few nice 4-5 pounders easy

R
rainbowfisherman
were is that pond?
never fished for carp?

J
Jmiddlestadt
:( Looks like i'm gonna save the gas for another day.....I know the rivers clears quick and this is measured down at Tidewater, but 11.5' to 12' just dosen't sound fun. Mabey next week I suppose.šŸ™

R
RIVERFISHER
rainbowfisherman said:
were is that pond?
never fished for carp?

pond is right off northwest expressway....

C
chunk_style
Is northwest expressway a nickname or joke that I don't get? I'd like to hit some carp too, especially since I lose my job on the first! I'm going to fish my butt off in the first three weeks of Jan., before I ship out!

R
RIVERFISHER
chunk_style said:
Is northwest expressway a nickname or joke that I don't get? I'd like to hit some carp too, especially since I lose my job on the first! I'm going to fish my butt off in the first three weeks of Jan., before I ship out!

its a name... its in eugene of beltline b4 u take the jc exit

Y
yellowjacket
Anyone have an idea how long it will take the uncontrolled rivers- Mac/Siuslaw - upstream of mapleton- to get back in their banks & get better color to fish after all this unusual weather. Also I've seen conflicting info that the mac & willy do & don't get a winter steelie run. It they do, generally when is it during "normal" years? Lived in coos bay before, only been back after many years since August so am pretty much starting out fresh in Eugene / Spfd.