Alsea advice?

S
salmonguy70094
I have never fished the Alsea. I have researched everything I can without just going and want to try to go sunday. I guess my question is 5 rivers blackberry campground or near the fish hatchery for somebody who has never. fished the Alsea. Any input would be awesome and thanks in advance.

A
Aton
Water is quite clear on the North Fork. I prefer a little more color and would fish lower. However, Clemens Park, and nearby areas, have many opportunities...on a Sunday...plenty of company...

troutdude
troutdude
X2. I agree...go lower in the system. The run is really just beginning.

S
salmonguy70094
Thanks guys i will look into where to go lower appreciate the info

N
nwdunerider
I will be heading to clements park in the morning for my second time just because its the only place i have fished on the alsea
Any advise as to where to bank fish below the town of Alsea would be welcomed.
We will be exploring but a plan would be nice too !
Thanks OFF ers

troutdude
troutdude
Let us know, how you do today.

S
salmonguy70094
Well guys like I said thank you for the advice in the end we decided to wait until there r more fish deeper into the system to explore it. I will get up there this year have wanted to for years. I did go to the slaw by whitaker lots of people did not see a fish touched and didn't see any fish in the creek near. the trap that was discouraging .

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
salmonguy70094 said:
Well guys like I said thank you for the advice in the end we decided to wait until there r more fish deeper into the system to explore it. I will get up there this year have wanted to for years. I did go to the slaw by whitaker lots of people did not see a fish touched and didn't see any fish in the creek near. the trap that was discouraging .

trap is getting cleaned out Tue, Thur, and Sat. So depending on when you were there...might have just been emptied out...cheers, roger

S
Steel4life
Do they release them back into the river after they get their quota for the hatchery program?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Steel4life said:
Do they release them back into the river after they get their quota for the hatchery program?

depends. any late coho will get release past the trap. the steelhead to be used at the hatchery will be transported to our Munsel Creek holding trap and held there until ready to spawn. the trap just started 'trapping' last Tuesday, I think the first transport is this Tuesday...

S
Steel4life
Wonderful, I've checked it out a few times with a few fish in the creek. What about wilds? I've seen more wild fish caught then hatchery fish this year. This is the first year I've seen more then 2 wild fish caught and the season is just starting.