Alsea 1/24

B
brewer
Did a drift Sat from Five Rivers to Ermie. Took my childhood friend and his son. Lots of boats and people up higher on the river but I wanted less pressure so we dropped down to this run. Water was higher than I am used to on that run and we didn't touch a thing. No one I talked had either. The kid did great five hours of fishing no takedowns and no complaints. I will have to take him out for salmon next fall as I don't have steelhead figured out at all. Great weather and a fun day on the water anyways.

H
hydropsyche
I like many others expected this week to produce so I took the week off and fished the alsea for four days strait. I floated the same stretch on Friday saw and heard of one fish hooked. Fished Saturday which I never do saw more people and parking lots full from the hatchery to rivers edge than I could ever imagine. Everyone rolled out around 2 when the upper went empty I hit mill creek and Clemens not a single gut pile or fisherman who had caught a fish. That's steelhead for ya hope it picks up.

C
Combat Chuck
I did a very similar thing. Took vacation and fished 5 days straight. I had a takedown on 4 out of 5 days and took one home on back to back days. Those were bank fishing days. I seem to struggle catching any from a drift boat. can't seem to figure that one out. On Sat. we also went low to avoid the crowd. It was such a nice day! Had a plug takedown and a bobber down but nothing hooked up.
10384286_10153032361558522_689184077986272564_n.jpg
10422294_10153034241158522_8539344973549453916_n.jpg
10471542_10153038876133522_8592487075137611594_n.jpg

B
brewer
Hey guys thanks for the comments. I don't have steelhead figured out either from bank or boat. It is my first year with a boat so I am enjoying that. I generally try and fish during the week as well but with the kids school had to venture out on Saturday. It was a zoo but that does help me learn how to deal with other boats and people. I wish you both luck with the rest of the season it is at least nice to know it has been somewhat slow for everyone and its not just me. Still all I needed was one unlucky fish for the kid. I'll keep pounding the water and if it picks up maybe I can get him out again!

S
Shorty
2 of us fished Mill to Campbell yesterday. Very few boats, no bank fishers, and no bites for us. Sounds like the lower river was no better than upper river.

O
Orgwayne
Just called the fish hot line total 575 fish at Alsea

hatchery , last year 298 !! so real low water and fish are there
Wayne