Allright, who did it?????????

N

n8r1

So stupid. Birds and other animals pee/poop/die in there all the time and the city does nothing about it (not that they should)

Then some guy pees in there and they drain it, costing taxpayers about $35,000.

K

Kais

What a HUGE waste. but at the same time, if anyone gets sick, you know they would've tried to blame it on the "tainted tap water".

But this just scares me. Birds and animals are dying and doin their buisness in my water? And some guy just walked up and peed in the thing. That is dangerous. that water is distributed everywhere and what if someone were to put something toxic in there. Secruity isn't good enough to catch some guy who was most likely dunk? and this is the water we drink.

N

n8r1

What a HUGE waste. but at the same time, if anyone gets sick, you know they would've tried to blame it on the "tainted tap water".

But this just scares me. Birds and animals are dying and doin their buisness in my water? And some guy just walked up and peed in the thing. That is dangerous. that water is distributed everywhere and what if someone were to put something toxic in there. Secruity isn't good enough to catch some guy who was most likely dunk? and this is the water we drink.

Well, if it makes you feel better, your water has chemicals such as chlorine and flouride to nullify such contaniments. Plus just the sheer dilution factor makes it all pretty harmless. But yeah, I hear you, the risk of a terrorist putting something toxic in there worries me...a little. That's why they are going to cover all reservoirs within the next 10 years.

G

GraphiteZen

I think the decision to flush should depend on the color... If he was drunk it was probably clear and mainly water, which is much less harmful than the kind you get when you're dehydrated.. All neon yellow and sinking to the bottom of the bowl... Yeah you'll be flushing that, thank you very much.

C

Coastaldweller

What a joke. Seriously people, there are far worse things in there than urine. I would almost gaurantee that the rain provides more toxins than one mans urine could. Urine is sterile, gross, but sterile. And this water has yet to be treated. Another wonderful job by our city officials. Thanks for wasting another 35k that our government doesn't have! That would be the price of filling pot holes or even a school teacher position......But flush away..Thanks again

18406ej

Actually, this is Bull Run water that has already been treated and is waiting to go into Portland's water pipes. I never understood the reasoning behind storing this treated water in open tanks, allowing ducks and geese to swim on it and allowing all other sorts of pollution to get to the supply. What is really sad is that while draining the water was technically "free" of costs (Bull Run is currently producing about 8 million gallons per half hour), the water company was charged $8K for the use of the City's sewer system to drain the water out.

Last edited:
R

R&M Boatsaleslady

So stupid. Birds and other animals pee/poop/die in there all the time and the city does nothing about it (not that they should)

Then some guy pees in there and they drain it, costing taxpayers about $35,000.
Why in the world would it cost that much to fill with water? Like don't the get it from the rivers>?

C

Coastaldweller

There is not a single treatment plant in the US that treats its water and empties it into open holding ponds.

B

beaverfan

Sorry guys, I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I saw the geese doing it so I thought it was ok.