all the rivers in the southwest zone open up tommorow.....woohoo

F
fishndad
excited, extatic etc all are words i would use for the opening day of cold river water trout! i just need to get some more practice on a fly rod

O
OBP Turtle 33
What are some of the waters you fish? I know bass are open on the Umpqua and I am going to hit that up soon just wondering about some other waters for trout.

F
fishndad
all of the waters on the umpqua are open, all the coos river tributaries and the elk river and sixes etc! great waters for that for sure

Troutski
Troutski
Southern swing..

Southern swing..

Congrats, nice to have open cold water available. Sometimes I forget there is another season, living where I do one is allowed cold water fishing 365...very lucky. Enjoy the time on the water.

Chuck

O
OBP Turtle 33
South Umpqua fish are up high was about 25 miles below mouth of Jackson creek had a few 6 inchers come up but no hook ups. I assume most of the fish that will be bigger are up higher if not abve the mouth of jackson creek. I have grown up here and was reminded again why I am a bass fisherman lol they are everywhere and trout are in there bellies.

F
fishndad
OBP Turtle 33 said:
South Umpqua fish are up high was about 25 miles below mouth of Jackson creek had a few 6 inchers come up but no hook ups. I assume most of the fish that will be bigger are up higher if not abve the mouth of jackson creek. I have grown up here and was reminded again why I am a bass fisherman lol they are everywhere and trout are in there bellies.

lol im a bass man myself as well lol! but i love a challenge everywhere i go