Alford Pond

T
the_intimidator03
I noticed this pond off HWY 99 E. north of harrisburg. I was curious has anyone heard of it, or fished it or is it private? From what ive found its an old log pond. other than that no idea

alford pond oregon - Google Maps

That should locate it for yall.

T
TTFishon
Every once in a while I drive by this pond at work and I always tell myself I need to give it a try. According to a coworker the pond hasn't been there too long.

T
the_intimidator03
yeah i find very limited information. it being a log pond sums it up LOL I am not sure if its residential or commercial buildings to the south/east of it.

T
TTFishon
I think those are just farms.

S
strawberry shortcake
I may have canoed there once. Anything that is "old log pond" won't get my vote as a place to fish unless you want to catch and release. Being a woman, we have to stay away from fish caught in potentially mercury contaminated waters. Does that go for men too? And old log ponds would qualify. I would want to see if there has been any water quality studies done.

G
Griz
Old Log Ponds have been known to produce fish with extra fins and eyeballs as well as they glow in the dark ! Other than that I know nothing about this pond.

T
the_intimidator03
i am mainly a catch and releaser for the most part. but i have moments. extra fins and eyeballs. anywhere downstream of hanford nuclear plant and umatilla chemical weapons depot outta do ya fine there

troutdude
troutdude
I've also driven by that pond dozens of times and wondered about it. If you find any fish in there (and don't get popped for trespassing); let us know.

P.S. The land does NOT have to be posted in Oregon. If you are there, and it belongs to anyone else, you ARE trespassing. So, I'd encourage getting permission first.

N
nwkiller
Griz said:
Old Log Ponds have been known to produce fish with extra fins and eyeballs as well as they glow in the dark ! Other than that I know nothing about this pond.

they also have been known to produce some pig size bass, if theres no signs, resect the land and the fish and maybe the person who ownes it would be glad to have you back....if you get aproached. thats what i always say. but if there is signs.........

H
Hawk
Check the area with yer Geiger Counter...

:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool::cool:

T
TTFishon
It's posted. I went by there today and checked it out.

T
the_intimidator03
thanks ted

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
thanks ted

You're welcome. It sure would suck to drive all the way there only to discover it's posted for no trespassing.