Alex and Dad, Josh

M
metalfisher76
Josh and I grew up hammering each other on the football field. As time doe`s to folk, we drifted into our own worlds. Well when his boy Alex (whom you met last week) came up, his Mom saw it an excellent opportunity to get Josh and I out in the "field" together again. My brother knew him well too, so he tagged along, of course! So Josh took Monday OFF and we headed out for springers. Brotha Bob landed the 1st after Alex had missed the 1st bite. Josh was hot on his heals and was handling it well, only having fought fish from a boat. I was so excited that I never even thought of the camera:rolleyes:for this fish. We got to the next hole and WOW!, let there be fish. Alex got us going again with a nice lil spring run.
The action shot:
6282010010.jpg
In case ya`ll are wanting to go to THAT hole, I was there the very next day, NOTHIN! Walked up from there with very little seen, so I`m guessing they fell back. FYI!
Here`s Alex with his limit:
6282010017.jpg
And him and Josh with our limit, minus the 2 bleeding up top:D:
6282010019.jpg
The water soooo frickin low! Black and purple are crrrrrrrrrrushin right now. Was up again with dad yesterday:
6302010003.jpg
Purple!
Dads:
6302010005.jpg
Black! Plus the only other 2 fish in that hole slammed our stuff, but we missed. Then the bite was OFF, weird:lol: So we headed over to the Sandy up by Revenue. No hits in the hour I fished it but was joined by an egg thrower who had been doing well over the past week. FYI!
Ran into some neighbor kids from the area having some fun of their own!
6302010009.jpg
It`s been reel, it`s been fun! But it`s time for change of scenery and pace. Springers are big and strong, but don`t have the energy, acrobatics and headshaking madness of the summer run I will now be pursuing. Not that I`m totally done with `em, just need a new push and some summer fun!! Get out yer black and purples and go to the crick. Or yer eggs and head for the Sandy. It`s approaching peak season on the upper stretches.:)

L
Left Bank
Awsome pics and GREAT fish!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
nicely done guys~!!!! :D looks like fun was had by all :)

R
Rascal
what creek was that

troutdude
troutdude
M
metalfisher76
Well, uuuuhhhh, Eagle. But the pic with the kids jumping is The Sandy. I really didn`t think ANYONE would wonder what crick I was fishin:lol:

R
Rascal
thats what i thought but i just wanted to be sure(Im still a fishing newb)

N
nwkiller
metalF you are the man!!!

C
Cohosanders
metalfisher76 said:
Well, uuuuhhhh, Eagle. But the pic with the kids jumping is The Sandy. I really didn`t think ANYONE would wonder what crick I was fishin:lol:
:lol::lol:

Nice Shots!!! I know from the pics exactly where you were at. I still have not sought any springers @EC....I might have to wait until Coho season to go there and just concentrate on UP river areas as you mentioned. Great report and nice looking beasts. I gotta see some fly fishing for nook action someday:clap:

S
STEELseeker4086
Did you catch any of those on spinners? I have yet to have any luck with springers biting my spinners.

troutdude
troutdude
I make my own spinners, all black components. They are a Jed Davis design, and I know that they work on Fall 'nooks. I'll bet that they would work on their Spring cousins too.

P.S. If you do not have Jed Davis' book on spinners for Salmon, Steelhead, and Trout...you're library is minus one of the best books on the planet!

T
tnffishman
ur makin me crazy man, I gotta get out there!!!

M
metalfisher76
STEELseeker4086 said:
Did you catch any of those on spinners? I have yet to have any luck with springers biting my spinners.

No, but I know of 1 that was taken this year and several last year.

B
bigsteel
way to slam them bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!looks like your gonna win the pop a top competition...:clap::clap::clap:

Y
youngbuck307
way to go make a hell of a ending to the season bro.... im almost ready for some high flying summers my self yea getting bull doged down river is fun and all but i want to see something come flying out the water!

M
metalfisher76
Thanx guys, I can`t claim any of those on the P.A.T. yarn this last week, had to release one of the kids with it, fouled. But I`ll put it in front of some steel Saturday. Those springers actually come out of the water a little up there, no where else to go when it`s that low. They just don`t do what steel doe`s while up there, they don`t get as high!

A
autofisher
Nice lookin fish brotha man. It's ok that it wasn't on Pop-A-Top Yarn, I won't hold it against ya too much.

K
Kais
wow

wow

looks fun

R
Rascal
if any body wants to share with me where that hole is for future notice and help a newb out i wouldn't mind(but i understand if you want to keep it a kinda secret)

S
skunk
Nice job metal, thanks for sharing