Albany bass

B
bassin16
has anyone fished in thornton lake in north albany and also swan lakes you can drive over in on bain st they both seem to be private shore so i was just wondering if there are anyspots i could get my pontoon in there thanks

T
TTFishon
I was wondering the same thing this summer but I was told Thorton was all private. It looks like there might be access off of North Albany Rd though.

B
bassin16
im just going to look into it this spring i have heard from people that there are some nice fish in there so we will see this spring

B
BlackBass
I fished thorton lake quite a bit 5 years ago, i fished it out of a float tube! Really incredible body of water, in the late summer they have pumps that push up water to keep it flowing, amazing top water bites ! I asked a lady if i could use her back yard to carry a boat down with a buddy, she had no problem with it.

T
TTFishon
That's good to know. Thanks.

J
juggernaut506
Swan Lakes and Thornton Lakes have good bass fishing. Thornton was one of my favorites when I had easy access through a friends yard to get down there. I never tried to get to the east Thornton lake but I image that if you can get into that shallow lillypaded up lake there's some huge bass in there.

F
Finneus Polebender
bassin16 said:
has anyone fished in thornton lake in north albany and also swan lakes you can drive over in on bain st they both seem to be private shore so i was just wondering if there are anyspots i could get my pontoon in there thanks

If you can find access ,None available from road , that lake looks like some of the most beautiful bass water ive seen in these parts. I have also heard from some who fished it and been told of fish as large as 8 lbs many over 5lbs. If you can find access Id be willing to verify these claims and let loose of a couple secrets in exchange! hows that for throwin the dog a bone.

B
Bass Ackwards
I've been eyeing that pond since i moved here last year and decided this spring I'm either going door to door asking for permission or throwing my little boat off the bridge and wading to it.

T
TTFishon
That's my plan too.

B
bassin16
i think i figured out a way into the west swan lake

J
juggernaut506
By launching off of Bain Street?

F
Finneus Polebender
bassin16 said:
i think i figured out a way into the west swan lake

that one has every kind of structure you could think of in one pond . good luck hope someone finds a way

B
bassin16
if you look on goo;gle earth on the south east side of the west lake there are some appatrment buildings and i checked it out and there is a small park with a basketball court and all we have to do is take our boats across this small park and right into the lake

R
ryan808
Im gonna try my luck at Freeway Lakes tomorrow, anyone want to join?

B
bassin16
im trying simpson tomorrow out of my toon

R
ryan808
Im taking the toon out too. Wheres simpson at?

T
TTFishon
ryan808 said:
Im gonna try my luck at Freeway Lakes tomorrow, anyone want to join?
I'm curious how you do. That water is high and muddy right now. There has been someone parked in the parking lot every night this week so far when I drive by on my way to work.

R
ryan808
I never even got a change to get in the water yesterday. I drove 75 miles to Albany; inflated the pontoons, got the gear out and realized I was missing something, the dam seat was missing. I forgot the seat at home, I was pissed I didn't even fish.

T
TTFishon
That's a long drive to not fish.

B
Bass Ackwards
I found a way into thorton lake but I recently heard it was private. I just don't want to get into any trouble. I plan on going in two weeks, so if anybody knows please let me know. Thanks