AK!

EOBOY

NO fishing today just playing tourist, well I am going to hit the lake behind the motel tonight in Wassilla. Went to Alyeska today to ride the tram to the the top o the mnt. to see Cook inlet. Headed to the Denali tomorrow. Hope to find a nice stream tomorrow to throw a fly in.

Attachments

troutdude

In that first pic...if I didn't know that you had a phone in your hands...I'd think that you were praying to get out of that Gondola!!! ROTFL!

EOBOY

STILL no fish pictures ?
Hopefully by Wed. I knew you'd find something to bust my chops about.......:love: Woke up this morning to smoke and ash! We put a sun shade up because the sun spends about 16 hours shining on the front of the house. It's been in the 90's here. NO AC in Alaska.............hehehe. Today the smoke and ash are so bad we're sticking in the house.

Attachments

EOBOY

Got up this morning at about 6, and it was still daylight. Dang it's always day time here. Smoke wasn't as bad today as yesterday, but still bad. Drove NE about 25 miles and hooked up with the Guides helper. A young guy just out off High school. Said he spent 2 years learning, and started taking clients this year. He needs to learn a few things but did a good job.

It was a laid back day...so here's your pictures Mark!:cool: chena1.png slippery little things. chena2.png chena3.png chena4.png chena5.png chena6.png The smoke was bad in places and clear in others. They were hitting Royal Coachmen really well and Bubble Bees with red in them. Really anything with red was good. We saw 1 small King dark as all get out. The guide said it was the first one they've seen this year, said they should be in the next week or so. By the time they get here though they are in bad shape. Their not supposed to fish the river there because it's closed for spawning. He said a lot of idiots catch em and it makes him mad. Their all nates, he says thier our future.

EOBOY

About 2 this morning we were woke by the BOOM of thunder. My son said he'd never seen anything like it here, he thought we were being attacked by the Russian's or something. When I stepped out on the front deck a bolt of lightning hit so close it reminded me of an incoming 155 round in the Nam. Shook the whole house and sounded like the crack of doom. Rained some but not enough. The smoke was bad lastnight, but the rain seems to have knocked it down a little this morning. There are 6 fires within a few mile radius of us, the hope is not to many more started because of the lightning strikes.

Top Bottom