Advise on the Wilson

OREGON FISHING FORUM

I am going to go fish the Wilson Saturday first light. Any suggestions of how to fish low and clear slow moving water? I have never caught a steelhead so any advice is good advice maybe ? Currently I have stuff for Bead fishing, Jig and worm, Spinners and good ole egg's.

Thanks guys and hopefully I can update with a pic of a fish.

Socaaron

Smaller presentations, darker colors(once it lightens up) and lighten your leader test.
1/4-1/8oz jig heads and cut your worms down more than normal like in half. For leaders in low clear conditions 10# max but probably down to 8#.
You can use heavier line for spinners because that's an aggressive reactionary bite but size your spinners down to a 3 or 4

Casting Call

Par excelante advice! Tony
Smaller presentations, darker colors(once it lightens up) and lighten your leader test.
1/4-1/8oz jig heads and cut your worms down more than normal like in half. For leaders in low clear conditions 10# max but probably down to 8#.
You can use heavier line for spinners because that's an aggressive reactionary bite but size your spinners down to a 3 or 4

Thanks for the Advice guys.

I ended up getting skunked but the river was beautiful. Too bad it was nut to butt out there. I will need to take a day off work so i don't have to brave the crowds. Not that fun throwing your presentation right where someone else has thrown it and where someone else is about to throw it.

At one of the spots I went to, people said that early someone had their limit and left.

Top Bottom