Advise on Minto Brown

F
fishwinch
So I finally got my pontoon out of storage and went to Minto Brown today for the first time. Only caught on fish right before I was about to leave. Maybe pushing 12 inches. I only fished the first pond next to parking lot. How are the ponds further back? Anyone know? Also, it did not seem that deep even out in the middle. Do people catch fish next to the downed logs or are they deeper on deep structure? Any advise would be appreciated as I live in salem and Minto will probably end up being my closest spot for stress relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
R
ryan808
Minto Brown

Minto Brown

The back lake a some bigger fish, but they werent biting yesterday. On Saturdays me and this other guy fish it on ocassions, swing by next Saturday you might see us there. I float on a yellow and grey Skeeter.

R/ Ryan

D
Drew9870
Near the bridge on either side is home to some monsters in the summertime, my buddy caught a 6 1/4lber on the North side of the bridge off of a floating perch that had been gut hooked and still alive, he's kind of a nimwit :lol:, I never expected him to catch anything on it, I just let him do his thing while I sight fishin the carp on the other side.

18406ej
18406ej
Welcome to OFF, Fishwinch. I have actually had good luck fishing the river stretch (I think it is at parking lot number 3) when the water is down a bit. Also, when the Willamette drops there is great bass fishing underneath the Highway 22 bridges at Wallace Marine Park.

Good luck,

F
fishwinch
Do you mean kiking out to the actual main river or the link of ponds that appear to be flowing from the river ending right next to the parking lot?