Advice on motor

W

wormosa

i found today when i was fishing that my motor was not pushing out water, it is a older merc. 7.5 does anyone have any ideas. thank you in advance

B

bd2cool

You mean there no water coming out of the exhaust?(no pee)
You need to change the impeller-with a good book it is a job that you can do yourself.

W

wormosa

You mean there no water coming out of the exhaust?(no pee)
You need to change the impeller-with a good book it is a job that you can do yourself.
where can i get a book? could it be blocked? my cousin had one and he blew out the flush and it worked great, until he lost it in detroit lake this summer, due to not tightening the bolts to hold it on the transom lol

S

STURGEON FEAR

Yes u can blow compressed air into to the intake down by the prop and u can take the hose off on the inside and blow out the line and the nozzle that the water comes out of if it just stopped completely chances are its blocked when the impeller goes it usually will trickle alittle but i would use a compresser and blow out all that first if that dont work then ur lookin at a new impeller there not to bad to change out

W

wormosa

Yes u can blow compressed air into to the intake down by the prop and u can take the hose off on the inside and blow out the line and the nozzle that the water comes out of if it just stopped completely chances are its blocked when the impeller goes it usually will trickle alittle but i would use a compresser and blow out all that first if that dont work then ur lookin at a new impeller there not to bad to change out
ty

W

wormosa

a friend of mine has a friend who works on outboards and he says he will replace the water pump for 100.00 is that a good price? and i will get it back the same day...

B

bd2cool

If that includes the price of the impeller its a goos deal-it would be neat if he would walk you though it so you could do it yourself next time.

W

wormosa

i threw some weed-eater line into the pee hole and reemed it out, then started it and it pee'd fine so it is not a water pump or impeller, thanks all for the help and suggestions...

B

bd2cool

Some time there nothing like seeing a good pee to make a man happy!:lol:

O

OnTheFly

Sometimes wasps or other insects build nests inside along the path the cooling water circulates.

You're not kidding Hawk! I once had to flush a spider outa there.

B

bd2cool

definetly i might even hold my hand under it saturday and let it pee on me lol
You and your motor must be very close indeed!:D

I pee's to mark my territory. It seems to keep the predator critters OFF my deck.
cept'n BigFeets...

I tried that with my second x wife-the only thing that work was an empty bank account!:lol:

W

wormosa

lol it will be like a 2nd honeymoon with my pissing motor lol, so glad all is ok with it.... who has extra money now a days with this economy to spend on a newer motor??:cool:

W

wormosa

impeller

impeller

well it still was not pissing water and so i took it to my mechanic friend and he is putting in a new impeller, thought i would update

Top Bottom