Adfluvial coastal cutts

O
olshiftybiscuits
Hey folks, with all the rain we’ve been having recently I thought I might turn my attention to the coastal lakes. I know the stocking season hasn’t begun yet, but I’m interested in figuring out which of our coastal lakes have decent populations of wild cutthroat. The usual suspects, like Devils, Siltcoos, Tahkenitch and Mercer are well documented. But I’m interested in finding out if any of the smaller lakes also hold wild trout. Any advice/experience welcome.

Thank you!

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I know eel lake south of reedsport has steelhead that run up and go into the lake. I’ve caught cutthroat below the fish weir at the lake, so I’m sure there are adfluvial cutts where anadramous cutts exist. Really, any of the lakes on the coast that have creeks flowing in and out of them likely have fish that exhibit both life history traits.

Reactions: Grant22, Shaun Solomon and olshiftybiscuits
Grant22
Grant22
There's also coho. I've caught a handful of cutthroat out of Eel lake along with 1 or 2 coho. Most of the coho that are in the lake are still trout size so you have to be careful if your going to be keeping fish.

Reactions: olshiftybiscuits
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Same thing with devils lake, along the south end you have to be paying attention to your fish id

Reactions: olshiftybiscuits
O
olshiftybiscuits
I don’t keep fish, so no problem there!

Reactions: O. mykiss