Addicted to fly fishing?

S
Spydeyrch
I know that I have posted something similar to this in the past, but I just found these new ones and had to share them. I split my side bustin' up laughing!!! :lol:

Enjoy!!

You may be addicted to fly fishing if:

Your honeymoon was on the San Juan River,

Your children are named after the rivers they were conceived on, Madison, Ruby and Jefferson,

The $10,000 home equity loan you just took out is for a fly tying room,

You take your lunch breaks at the local fly shop – every day,

You follow the UPS truck to the fly shop because you know today is when the new shipment of hackle arrives,

The owner of the fly shop sends customers to your house when he is out of things,

You look at road kill as a cheap source of tying materials,

You have more spools of thread than your wife,

You have so many rods that when you loan your Winston 4-weight to the casting class, you don't miss it until it is returned – a week later,

You've named the fish behind the fly tying shop,

Your cat is named "fish,"

Your three-year-old child ties flies,

When you don't go fishing for three days your wife calls the paramedics,

One week after major surgery you go fishing, but are still too sick to work,

The telephone number of every fly shop, guide service, and lodge within a three-state area are programmed into your phone,

Your family vacation just happens to match the hatch,

You have tennis elbow – but you don't play tennis,

Every day your wife's co-workers ask where are you fishing and how well did you do,

You have so much equipment that you can completely outfit any four other fishermen,

Your wife doesn't care if you go fishing with Cindy Crawford because she knows that you are more interested in the fish.

You Might Be Addicted To Fly Fishing If…

1. You start collecting bugs…a lot of bugs.
2. You begin taking feathers you find home because you might use them to tie a few flies.
3. You start ordering your fish at restaurants in inches (“I’ll have the 32 inch Mahi Mahi please!”).
4. You take your kids out into the yard and have them stand 12 inches apart so you can “practice casting in between rocks.”
5. You tore open your goose down pillows because the fly shop was sold out of hackle and you had to tie flies.
6. Your car or truck always has your rod, reel, waders, boots, and a fly box in it.
7. You start giving the flies you tie away as gifts (“But Honey, those are earrings!”).
8. You can quote every single line from A River Runs Through It.
9. You start making up religious holidays to get yourself out of work and on the river (“Yes, the Festival Of The Salmon Run is a real holiday, boss.”).
10. You adopt the US Postal Service motto, and fish in every conceivable type of weather.
11. You start applying for jobs based solely on their proximity to good fishing.
12. Your lucky fishing hat has more flies on it than a pile of dog poo.
13. You require your kids to take entomology classes every semester, and you steal their text books.
14. Your hands literally start to shake when you’ve gone more than a week between fishing trips.
15. One of your arms is more suntanned than the other (this is your casting arm).
16. Your DVR has nothing but fishing shows on it.
17. You vote for public officials based on who is more “fly fisherman friendly.”
18. You visit the fly shop more than the barber shop.
19. You get a trout tattoo.
20. You are constantly driving by cow pastures that are out of your way just to “see if the cows are up.”
21. When the subject of family vacation comes up, you are constantly trying to convince everyone how wonderful and family friendly Patagonia and Alaska are.

And I found this one to be hilarious!!

You know you are addicted to FLY FISHING when........................

.......you find yourself roll casting the vacuum cord across the living room....

Enjoy!!

-Spydey

D
Drew9870
E
eggs
guilty on all charges!

P
psguardian
Spydeyrch said:
And I found this one to be hilarious!!

You know you are addicted to FLY FISHING when........................

.......you find yourself roll casting the vacuum cord across the living room....

Enjoy!!

-Spydey

I did this before I ever knew what a roll cast was!

The rest are funny too though lol.

~psguardian

S
Sinkline
psguardian said:
I did this before I ever knew what a roll cast was!

The rest are funny too though lol.

~psguardian

You use the vacumn cleaner when you should be out fishing? Right there is a problem you need to address! :lol::lol::lol:

Randy

Reactions: brandon4455
D
Drew9870
Here's a little story for you, I think it kinda relates to this thread, besides the fact it is not fly fishing.

I have a little beeper I put on my rod to detect bites, usually use when I am double rodding it for Carp, well after a long day/night of hearing that beeper many times and landing about 8 Carp averaging 15lbs, I arrive home to preheat the oven for my breakfast/lunch/dinner, once the oven preheats, the beeper went off and I shot right out of the kitchen chair ready to dive bomb the oven :lol:.

I'm gonna have flashbacks in my future years from that beeper :lol:, I even get jumpy when I hear something click a few times since my Carp rod has a baitrunner reel with a loud clicker.

Talk about some real fishin junkies, lol.

Last edited: