Accidental steel but good

L
luv2fish
got this lil over 5 and a half lb summer while plunking at meldrum for salmon...pretty bright but the weather kinda shadowed it..had two more rod rattling hookups but missed..side swiped or whatever....anyhoo good dinner...i washed the fish and was getting back from water to hang the fish on tree when this guy ( who was new to this salmon and steelhead thing ) asked me if i wanted a pic and he can email me...why not:)...i was still holding the fish by tail..and it started raining ....
Thanks man...

O
Oregonchris
Holding a fish upside down by the tail will aways make it rain...didn't you know that? Good job and congrats on the fish:D....oh and BTW next time you hook up could you hold it by the gill plate ...Im ready for summer time.

M
metalmania
Don't ya just luv it when things like that happen. Good job man.

C
capblack
that was suppose to be mine

that was suppose to be mine

that looks like the one that was headed down here to the N Santiam. Guess ill have to wait for the next one now.

L
luv2fish
Oregonchris said:
Holding a fish upside down by the tail will aways make it rain...didn't you know that? Good job and congrats on the fish:D....oh and BTW next time you hook up could you hold it by the gill plate ...Im ready for summer time.

i know but i didn't wanted to get water in his camera and it was just a quick snap...lol...i find it funny the way i was holding it....:lol:
hey metal...yeah its always a good thing to get something rather than gettin a big SKUNK...thanks man...

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice fish!

D
Dichrofisher
Dang metalheads, I hate it when they mess with my stuff:protest:

F
Fishtopher
Good job Raj! Pretty fish...
Looks like you werent fishing the actual Bar, but what they call the Garden Hole maybe? I think I saw ya down there! Not too many fish gettin picked up down there. The only one I saw yesterday was a sucker/squaw/whatever. And the day before that my spot was bamboozled by Mr. Sea Skunker (sea lion) thrashin' salmon right in front of me. Ill see if I can find the pics.

On another note. Seems to be a lot of plunker reports of fish being caught of late. It has occured to me a "Team Plunker" may be in order;):D...

L
luv2fish
Fishtopher said:
Good job Raj! Pretty fish...
Looks like you werent fishing the actual Bar, but what they call the Garden Hole maybe? I think I saw ya down there! Not too many fish gettin picked up down there. The only one I saw yesterday was a sucker/squaw/whatever. And the day before that my spot was bamboozled by Mr. Sea Skunker (sea lion) thrashin' salmon right in front of me. Ill see if I can find the pics.

On another note. Seems to be a lot of plunker reports of fish being caught of late. It has occured to me a "Team Plunker" may be in order;):D...

Thanks Fishtopher..yeah it was not at the "proper" bar but garden hole or what its called broken bulkhead..cuz at the end there's a broken bulkhead.. this guy who's a regular there...i was standing by his rod and his rod went down in starnge way..and he pulled this sucker fish which was hooked on the back...this was on saturday...
I know i feel like throwing rocks at those sea lions when they devour a salmon which was suppose to be on our grill or smoker...man..i don understand how ODFW is trapping or shooting or doing whatever with those sea cats:rolleyes:
I bonked a fish then this other guy who's also a regular bonked one. Although like I said my rod rattled 2-3 times and good but guess fish didn't stayed and was just "drive by".
what surprised me that I was using the big spin n glo with whole cured prawn and susually that size steelies avoid that big of a bait...but then water was quite murky..so ...
Lately it started pickin up. I believe this coming saturday should prove a good day as it'll stop raining like a day and a half before...I still have to catch a salmon there for this season.
Come on down there next time you see me.. will be good to fish with a fellow OFF'er.

F
Fishtopher
I too was at the bulkhead on sat. Had the whole gang with me! I fished right next to it cuz it was kinda windy! Thats where the sea monster showed his ugly mug. My kids thought it was cool but when i told them that "we probably wont catch a fish now, and we were in the fish obviously or the sea lion probably wouldnt have even been there to begin with", they started yelling at the sea lion to go bug someone else:lol:.

I might get down there somewhere today and do some birthday fishin' after my wife gets home. Steelhead of course. Or maybe some c-n-r sturg'n.

Here's the sea monger pics.

Here you can see my line barely in both pics.
100_1292resz.jpg
100_1293resz.jpg
And here the beast rears it's ugly head.
100_1294resz.jpg
I watched him down river aways chew up somethin' in front of the other plunkers. I was hopein' he would have pushed a few fish upriver as he was come'in up. One little bump and that was it.

L
luv2fish
Birthday Fishing.....is it your birthday today... if so...have a great birthday man...hope you catch some salmon while you fish...that'll be a good gift...whaddya think?;)
i might be down there friday -sunday....my daughter is off school cuz of spring break...she has tags and everyhting but i've a 2 yo boy as well who won't sit tight for a second...lol.. so kinda becomes hard to chase him and fish...i bring him there sometimes ...
anyhoo hope i catch ya at the river sometime soon and enjoy the birthday

FISH ON!!!!!!!!