Aarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh !!!!!!!

S

Spydeyrch

What is up with this weather!!!?? :mad:

I remember when I was a teenager and summers were like always hot. None of this cloudy, rainy, drizzzly crap we are getting right now in PDX. I am a Northwesterner and appreciate the rain and overcast skies most of the year, but they are starting to get old right about now especially when it is summer and I get out early from work. The afternoons are nasty, no good to take kids out and play. And they are cold and windy.

Every once in a while we will get a ncie day but it is a fleeting day and soon is lost in the clouds and falling H2O.

When I was younger (granted I am only 28), I would ride my bike all over the place and I don't remember it being like this during the summers. It was hot, it was sunny, it was AWESOME!!! But now ......?????........ YUCK!!!

Sorry, I had to vent about the weather, it is starting to get annoying. It throws off my fishing game.

Thanks for listening (reading). :D

-Spydey

B

beaverfan

Historically Portland doesn't warm up till July that's why they always say summer in Portland starts on July 5th.

Troutski

Troutski

Wet weather..

Wet weather..

When I first moved here and it started raining and raining I thought I was back in Tacoma, this years weather reminds me of what Oregon use to be like. I personally love this weather, the creeks are full of water and the fish are eating great...equals much larger fish. With the right gear the weather really doesn't enter into my fishing decision, now gas money that's a whole other story:( ..

Chuck

Lil Fall Creek Steel.jpg

T

Throbbit _Shane

I dont mind this weather. Summer is just a little slow this year.

S

Spydeyrch

I love this weather. 90-100 degrees is tooo dang HOT...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

100 degree is uncomfortable, but 90 isn't too bad. I think that 80 - 85 degrees is just right.

But this 58 degree weather is horrible. Yes, it is 58 degrees right now in beaverton!!!!! On June 15th.

-Spydey

O

OnTheFly

I'm starting to develope webbing between my fingers and toes and I'm really getting tired of scraping moss off my back.

B

BobbiDollPDX

As long as I've lived here (20 years) its rained the week of my birthday (this week). I remember this well because when my kids were young I would take the week off and take them camping and we would get rained on most of the time.

T

TTFishon

I've lived here pretty much my whole life and I've seen it rain every frickin month of the year. I like this weather. I wish it was like this every summer. I just read an article that said the sun isn't producing any sunspots right now and the last time it wasn't producing sunspots was from 1645-1715 and during that time the earth was in a mini ice age. So who knows, maybe we're going into a mini ice age.

S

Spydeyrch

I'm starting to develope webbing between my fingers and toes and I'm really getting tired of scraping moss off my back.

That cracked me up. I couldn't stop laughing!!!! That is something my dad or grandpa would say!!! :lol: :lol:

-Spydey

M

markasd

I remember a few summers in the late 70's like this... maybe early 80's? I don't mind really - I'm with Chuck, just wish I could fish and enjoy it... been seein' some dandies lately and I'm missing out!

Weathers gonna change here soon... if not, a mini ice age would be cool!

S

Spydeyrch

That's a nice fish for someone from Tacoma! I grew up in Fircrest and graduated from Wilson HS back in '69. Moved away the next year and never went back, except to visit family! It's still one of the nicest places to spend a sunny summer day. My daughter just moved to Port Orchard and I'll be visiting there this weekend.

Back on the subject.... Yes the weather is a little OFF this year but then it was OFF the other direction last year when we hit 95 degrees before Phoenix did in the spring. I'll take the cooler weather any day over the heat. I know I'm unusual but for me anything over 75 is warm:rolleyes:..... above 80 is Hot:mad: and I won't leave the house above 90.:shock:

GD

Yo GD. It looks like we have more in common than family reunions, Utah, and fishing!!! All three sides of my family (father, mother, and step-mother) are from Bremerton. I grew up in Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Silverton for the younger years of my life and then we moved down here to PDX when I was about 9 or 10 and have lived here ever since. So that would make it 20 years this year. :D

My grandparents on my dad's and step-mom's side still live in Bremerton. My maternal grandmother lives in port orchard still.

Several of my uncles and aunts still in the surrounding areas. One of them even works, as a civilian, for the navy yard there.

Small world, huh GD. :)

Anywho, yeah, I like the cold weather and rain and wind, but sometimes, when it is supposed to be sunny, I like it to be sunny. Don't get me wrong, I lived in Mexico for two years and during one day we got to 135 degrees!!!!:shock:

I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone!!!

-Spydey

S

Spydeyrch

As long as I've lived here (20 years) its rained the week of my birthday (this week). I remember this well because when my kids were young I would take the week off and take them camping and we would get rained on most of the time.

Sorry to hear that Bobbi, not cool at all. Well hopefully one of these year you might go east, to eastern or southern oregon on your B-day and get some nice fish on a nice sunny day!!!

Here's wishin' for you! :D

-Spydey

S

Spydeyrch

I've lived here pretty much my whole life and I've seen it rain every frickin month of the year. I like this weather. I wish it was like this every summer. I just read an article that said the sun isn't producing any sunspots right now and the last time it wasn't producing sunspots was from 1645-1715 and during that time the earth was in a mini ice age. So who knows, maybe we're going into a mini ice age.

Now ya see, that I wouldn't mind. I really don't mind the cold and wet. But if I had to choose between wet and snowy/icy, I would go with the icy/snowy!! I love that stuff!! I have done quite a bit of alpine climbing and mountain climbing with my dad in the Olympics and other ranges so I feel right at home in the mountains and snow, and ice and stuff. Just the wet stuff sometimes can get ........ well, wet!!! :lol:

-Spydey

S

Spydeyrch

Right now I would give anything for cooler,drier weather! 90° and super muggy here in Indepence,MO...

OOOhhhhhhhh, that sucks for you. I am sorry to hear that.

My little weather dance I did yesterday must have had some affect because it is pretty nice right now over here in Beaverton. No clouds, sunny sunrise, beautiful day. And the weather liar is even saying we might hit 70 today!!

-Spydey

Top Bottom