A little fun

S
skunk
Got out to the park in West Linn on the Willamette this evening. Did a little bottom fishing and came up with a nice 14" white fish. Not a salmon or steelhead but better tha nothing. It was a nice quiet evening to be on the river:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go!

Way to go!

Good for you!! :clap::clap: Got pics? :pray:

S
skunk
I tried to get a pic, but it was cold and it didn't turn out. That's something Im working on. How to get a good pic without stressing the fish out when you are fishing solo. I catch/release on the willamette since I don't trust what the fish are absorbing!

D
Drew9870
If you don't mind catching those squawfish, I would recommend a big bread ball on a treble or a fillet of any other fish (squaws must realize how nasty they really are) and put the fillet on a giant hook.

I have a Gravel Pit close to my house and a giant breadball is the only constantly productive bait, I catch 23 inch wild, beautiful, healthy Rainbows, and monster 26 inch Squawfish, usually the smallest squawfish in the pit are 15 inches.

Chicken Liver is also very productive for Squawfish, and being in the Willamette, you never know what you will catch with Chicken Liver.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Walling?

Walling?

Drew9870 said:
If you don't mind catching those squawfish, I would recommend a big bread ball on a treble or a fillet of any other fish (squaws must realize how nasty they really are) and put the fillet on a giant hook.

I have a Gravel Pit close to my house and a giant breadball is the only constantly productive bait, I catch 23 inch wild, beautiful, healthy Rainbows, and monster 26 inch Squawfish, usually the smallest squawfish in the pit are 15 inches.

Chicken Liver is also very productive for Squawfish, and being in the Willamette, you never know what you will catch with Chicken Liver.

Drew9870;
Are you talking about Walling on 16th? I have been meaning to give it a try.

D
Drew9870
Raincatcher,

Walling does have some monster Squawfish, I have caught my biggest one out of there using a floating piece of bread crust while fishing for carp, thats the only squawfish thats fooled me into thinking it was a carp.

But the Gravel Pit I am talking about is the one pretty much in front of WinCo, close to Home Depot (not on Cherry Ave), it is not exactly legal, but I have been told by the Cemex workers that they dont mind fisherman and they encourage us to run off the homeless people bringing their camps to the pond. Using bread, I have caught monster Trout (23" healthy too) and Squawfish (smallest is probably 16 inches), their are also some Monster Bass lurking the Gravel Pits.

Raincatcher, do you ever fish the Riverfront or Wallace Marine Park, they are pretty productive especially if you don't mind catching something random every cast.