A little coho action!

M
Mad dog
Had a buddy and his son over from K-falls for a little fishing this last week. It wasn't blistering but we caught fish, Damn moody coho's!!!
My youngest with the first fish of the trip.
005.jpg
Steve with a nice Ho!
004.jpg
Action shot.
002.jpg
Another nice'un!
008.jpg
Stephen with a nice buck! Cool looking fish! Fought like hell too!
010.jpg
Look at them chops!
011.jpg

M
Mad dog
A few more pics.
Steve showing off a bright one!
013.jpg
Daniel with a hatchery buck.
coho09001.png
Steph with another good one!
coho09003-1.png
Daniel with a small Ho.
coho09005.png
The last morning, Steve showing off one that was caught early.
coho09002.png
David, my oldest son was able to join us the last morning and hooked a nice one!
coho09003.png

M
Mike123
Damn nice fish! Jealous! :clap:

Can you keep the natives on this river???

B
bigfootfish
Nice haul, mad dog

Nice haul, mad dog

Wow! You all did good. What river is that in the pics? You didn't say. Dying to know.

BFF

BIG BAIT BIG FISH

C
Chrome_Chaser
Those are nice fish. Looks like a lot of natives (bummer).

J
Johnny Southpaw
Looks like you guys had lots of fun-caught some really nice fish, that's for sure. Keep those pics coming...

M
Mad dog
bigfootfish said:
Wow! You all did good. What river is that in the pics? You didn't say. Dying to know.

BFF

BIG BAIT BIG FISH

Didn't say for a reason! :naughty: :D Damn, tight lipped fisherman! :lol: A good fisherman never gives away a fishin' hole! :naughty:

See, now Mike ask's...."Can You keep natives on that river?" That's a more roundabout way to subtley pry a little information out of someone! :think: If I answer yes, then someone in the know can deduce that it must be the Lower Coquille because you can keep wild fish and it is the only river system that has not yet met the quota for wild Coho. My response to that I guess would be that I do not look at Coho as food fish! I fish for them because I like to and don't have a problem with catch and release! :lol:

M
Mike123
Mad dog said:
Didn't say for a reason! :naughty: :D Damn, tight lipped fisherman! :lol: A good fisherman never gives away a fishin' hole! :naughty:

See, now Mike ask's...."Can You keep natives on that river?" That's a more roundabout way to subtley pry a little information out of someone! :think: If I answer yes, then someone in the know can deduce that it must be the Lower Coquille because you can keep wild fish and it is the only river system that has not yet met the quota for wild Coho. My response to that I guess would be that I do not look at Coho as food fish! I fish for them because I like to and don't have a problem with catch and release! :lol:

I look at it like you kept them by the way you netted the wild fish and are holding them by the gills. :D:cool: And pretty much when your holding something by the gills that means it's going in the freezer. I don't fish the coquille so I don't really need the info.. just is interesting :)

M
Mad dog
The Coquille....It's off the hook right now! The south Coos and Millicoma can be good as well if you don't mind releasing wild fish!

Ya funny thing about the net in those pics, it's more for corraling the fish while they are in the water than used to lift them into the boat, hell....90% of the coho we caught we tail and release....if we can!!! Anyone who has caught any number of coho knows how they like to twist and roll over the line to try and free themselve's once they get near the boat! What a mess! I have seen those things become so hogtied from rolling over the line that it was a total cluster trying to get them free, the net just kinda keeps them close so you can work on them!
I was a total Shankapotomus sunday!!! :rolleyes: Hooked a nice bright hen sunday morning in the 1st half hour of fishing, she fought well, jumping 3 times. When I got her to the boat she started twisting over the line of course, got wrapped up in the line, I tried to go gentle with her and just tail her, of course every time I would get a firm hand hold on her tail she would freak out! The 3rd time I got ahold of her I set the rod down and tried to unhook the plug and unwrap her. Goofy fish went ballistic again and got out of my hands and I had to quickly grap my rod before she broke the tip or worse! 4 or 5 ft. of line, quick burst, POP!! She broke my line! Dammit! Out a $4.50 lure and somewhere there is some poor hogtied hen coho with her jaws clamped shut with 2 treble hooks in them! Ya, I'll stick with my net! Especially for boat fishing!
Here's a nice buck from monday morning!
005-1.jpg
Proper release for Mike123. :D
006-1.jpg

R
rookie_drifter
looks like the siletz river to me! but ya caught some nice fishy's though...:D

A
alm21
Great pics!