A good day w/ good friends!

E
eggs
Bigsteel, Lilsalmon, Jigs and I went out and hit the Middle Fork Willy..
Great weather and even though the river was a tad high, we didn't get skunked..

I pulled the solo fish, a monster white fish on the 3wt..

P4100056.jpg
P4100057.jpg
P4100058.jpg
P4100060.jpg

Thanks you guys for the awesome day!

Reactions: brandon4455
S
Sinkline
You and that 3wt. are fish catching machines! That's a nice white fish anywhere, good job! I know I've said it before, but I love the light line rods!

Been a long time since I caught a white fish but I remember they fight really well!

Randy

Reactions: eggs
F
Finneus Polebender
That is a big whitefish way to avoid the skunk.

B
bigsteel
excellent day out there,,had a nice one on but couldnt get a hookset in the trees.....im glad one of us got something,,good trip definitely bro

L
lilsalmon
It was a great day, that's for sure....its good to be back on the water again. Thanks for being patient with the gimpy person....:D

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
JeannaJigs
I had a great time crossing over to the dark side and leaving my gear behind for a day. Thanks guys for being patient lol and thanks rose for letting me use your rod. I still can't find the tip section to mine, not sure how that happened. Gonna have to try this fly thing again though!

brandon4455
brandon4455
ahh.. i heard about this trip on facebook. was wondering when a report would pop up. looks like a nice trip guys. and man that whitefish is beast!!

E
eggs
Yea nothing like getting into something big with a light rod... that thing has be in a U shape many times now..

E
eggs
Ohh an it took a march brown soft hackle Ice dub under a cracked out heares ear.. I will post pic of the flies tonight..

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I had a great time crossing over to the dark side and leaving my gear behind for a day. Thanks guys for being patient lol and thanks rose for letting me use your rod. I still can't find the tip section to mine, not sure how that happened. Gonna have to try this fly thing again though!

****she crossed over to the dark side*****

Your very welcome!!! By the way, you did an excellent job flyfishing...you should give yourself more credit. We will have to do it again soon......

J
JeannaJigs
I don't know what I was using, but it was fuzzy and gold, and didn't work lol.

Maybe I shoulda used a chunk of pickled squid?

hindsight is 20/20.

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
****she crossed over to the dark side*****

Your very welcome!!! By the way, you did an excellent job flyfishing...you should give yourself more credit. We will have to do it again soon......

yeah very soon! I gotta catch something.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds fun! Nice fish. Best thing to use up there are spoons and spinners. sshhh!

G
GDBrown
It's alway nice to see that friends are still friends when only one gets a fish to the bank/boat! I'm getting waterlogged and I haven't even been in the water.... I am soooo tire of this rain.

Rain, Rain, GO away, come again ...... This Fall!!!

I know that's not how it is suppose to go but you get my Drift! right?

GD

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Eggs, how long is that 3 weight? Some of those photos make it look 10 feet long.

E
eggs
GungasUncle said:
Eggs, how long is that 3 weight? Some of those photos make it look 10 feet long.

8'8".. long 3wt

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Must be optical illusionsin the pix :) That, or you're only like 4 feet tall XD

L
lilsalmon
I took the pics...He is only 4 feet tall....hehe...sorry eggs, couldn't resist

E
eggs
I hate you all..

yea yea I am only 5'6" so the rod might look a bit bigger than it is..

J
JeannaJigs
It's not nice to hate....

I do wonder what my 12 footer would look like next to ya though...just sayin'. Justttt kidding. Kinda. :) Thanks for all the help!