A good day on the water

L
lilsalmon
bigsteel, brandon4455 and I hit a little piece of water today. I had two on and lost both but Dave and Brandon got a couple of very nice cutty's with a few that also got away.....It was a great day, no rain, and new water for bigsteel and I. Brandon can add anything else if he wants and bigsteel....well, he will be back soon :D

• Dave.jpg
  • Brandon.jpg
R
RunWithSasquatch
Most excellent. Nice looking trout.

Reactions: brandon4455
L
lilsalmon
Yes, they are very nice......it was actually good to get out and throw some dry flies........although, I think all were caught nymphing.....

Reactions: eggs
brandon4455
brandon4455
yup. all fish caught on nymphs. saw a few fish jump and dave had a hit on a dry. we each had atleast 3 bites a piece.. i think. i had one fish bite 4 times and i missed it ever time... ill be back for him though! :lol: it was a great day out there,, was happy to show you guys around. and thanks for having me along :D nothing like whipping some flies around on a nice day with friends. by the way, i tailed bigsteel's fish like it was a steelhead. :lol: i got a kick out of that

Last edited:
Reactions: JeannaJigs
Irishrover
Irishrover
New water and fish to boot! Way to go.

Reactions: OnTheFly
W
waco
Awesome day on the water guys!!!! way to go!!!

E
everett464
Man! Where did you guys go? I fished all up and down the Mac, and got a rare skunk.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
troutramp
Dries are a blast, but the fish are not always looking up. Congrats on getting it done I love small creeks with cutts, and browns, I especially like small creeks with large Browns lol.

troutdude
troutdude
Woot woot! Three cheers for the LiLSalmon gang!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i just made 25 bucks and bought some more nymphs and imgetting more indicators and stuff. i'm ready to go again! :lol: ill most likely wait till the creek opens up. by the way, the majority of my strikes and the fish i caught came on flashy prince variations. bead head rainbow prince, and flashwing prince. idk why but they were digging the flash today

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Mill Creek in Salem opens May 28th (B-Day for me), get-together one of these weekends on the creek? Mrlindman, bigsteel, lilsalmon, and brandon4455? If I'm not holding on to the toilet, mrlindman and I will be there the day after.

You know you want to ;) :lol:.

S
Sinkline
Beautiful fish ya'll! Thanks for sharing the report!

Randy

Reactions: eggs
brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Mill Creek in Salem opens May 28th (B-Day for me), get-together one of these weekends on the creek? Mrlindman, bigsteel, lilsalmon, and brandon4455? If I'm not holding on to the toilet, mrlindman and I will be there the day after.

You know you want to ;) :lol:.

bigsteel and lilsalmon will be on teh deschutes. but i might come fish that little creek with you sometime. after i get done witht he season opener on mine.

J
JeannaJigs
Right on Rose! I'm stoked to toss some flies next week with ya!

Reactions: brandon4455 and lilsalmon
I
I <3 <><
Wow thats awesome! Gotta love small creek fishing, I want to get out and do some of that once I get out of school.

Nice fish guys!!!!

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Right on Rose! I'm stoked to toss some flies next week with ya!

Wednesday!!!! Yesssss Can't wait too :D

J
JeannaJigs
Gonna be awesome! Oh...I will have a puppy in my backpack...can't leave my little fajita alone. Think she will be totally fine, she conks out in my hands after like 30 seconds of an ear rub lol

End hijack. (phone wouldn't let me leave ya a message for some reason)

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
Gonna be awesome! Oh...I will have a puppy in my backpack...can't leave my little fajita alone. Think she will be totally fine, she conks out in my hands after like 30 seconds of an ear rub lol

End hijack. (phone wouldn't let me leave ya a message for some reason)

yoru bringing fajita with? hahaha don't snag her on the back cast! :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
I gotta. She's too young to leave home that long, and she comes to live with me this weekend :) she's totally mellow, except when being attacked by her brothers and then she throws down, she doesn't care that she's the runt. She will be totally content to chill in my hoody or in my backpack. She's a snuggler. For now. Plus she's gonna be a fishing dog so might as well get familiar

B
bigsteel
that was a fun trip glad to spend the day with ya brandon