A good day at Howard Prairie

F
fishindude
I decided to spend my day off in pursuit of trout at Howard Prairie . I arrived just as the the marina was opening for business at 6:00 am . I rented a boat and headed out into the fog covered lake , visibility was about 75 feet . As I rounded the end of the jetty I shut off the motor and rigged a trolling rig of Panther Martin high lake attractor with a chartruess (sic) wedding ring tipped with a piece of nightcrawler . I then trolled toward "red banks" and had 4 hits hooking 2 . They were C&R'd as they were small , about 12 inches. Then the outboard on the rental started to load up and spittin and sputterin pretty bad , at wide open throttle I achieved about 3 mph . I then returned , very very slowly to the marina to hopefully get a replacement boat . The attendant not only replaced the defective boat , but upgraded me to a 15 footer that is fiberglass and flat bottomed , much more comfortable and quieter . I then headed towards Buck island to hide from the wind that was picking up by this time . I still fished using "powerbait " , rainbow and chartruess (sic again lol) . I can't say that it was fast & furious but consistent enough to keep me at that spot . I ended up catching 12 fish , releasing the small ones . All in all a great day on the lake . :dance::dance: IMG_0260.JPGIMG_0256.JPGIMG_0261.JPG I almost forgot , of the ones I kept they ranged in size from 15" to 19 1/2 " .

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice trout dude! some fatties :D

I was up there saturday. Found some morels. Then when i was getting ready to put my boat together i got a call that i had to be in town.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
very nice fishys...well done

H
Hawk
Great Job Bro.
Beautiful fish&pics

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:
:D:D

E
eat, sleep, fish
Very nice. Those are some good looking fish.

C
colbypearson
fishindude said:
I decided to spend my day off in pursuit of trout at Howard Prairie . I arrived just as the the marina was opening for business at 6:00 am . I rented a boat and headed out into the fog covered lake , visibility was about 75 feet . As I rounded the end of the jetty I shut off the motor and rigged a trolling rig of Panther Martin high lake attractor with a chartruess (sic) wedding ring tipped with a piece of nightcrawler . I then trolled toward "red banks" and had 4 hits hooking 2 . They were C&R'd as they were small , about 12 inches. Then the outboard on the rental started to load up and spittin and sputterin pretty bad , at wide open throttle I achieved about 3 mph . I then returned , very very slowly to the marina to hopefully get a replacement boat . The attendant not only replaced the defective boat , but upgraded me to a 15 footer that is fiberglass and flat bottomed , much more comfortable and quieter . I then headed towards Buck island to hide from the wind that was picking up by this time . I still fished using "powerbait " , rainbow and chartruess (sic again lol) . I can't say that it was fast & furious but consistent enough to keep me at that spot . I ended up catching 12 fish , releasing the small ones . All in all a great day on the lake . :dance::dance:

nice im going this weekend not for trout though.

troutdude
troutdude
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice trout dude! some fatties :D

Hey, he's not troutdude...I am! <LOL>

But seriously, that's a NICE days worth of fishing and a great looking stringer. Nicely done!

R
redeye
colbypearson said:
nice im going this weekend not for trout though.

that makes 2 of us im going but for a far superior species [lol]

C
colbypearson
redeye said:
that makes 2 of us im going but for a far superior species [lol]

should be getting good