A Fishing Documentasry, (Or something like that)

T
Troutier Bassier
Hello,

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
If I were you, that wouldn't be a good idea unless you just want to post info on places like Youtube.

1. Do you have all the required permits to commercially sell DVD's to retail/rental stores?
2. Movie's/Documentaries take very high quality equipment.
3. Is it you that's giving information or your instructor (dad?)?
4. You haven't caught a salmon or steelhead yet, you need to know how to catch them consistantly.
5. Do you understand all the conditions (moon phase, temperatures, air pressure, etc.)?

Not to put you down, but legally/efficiently completing these kind of large projects are very hard. Think about it again, and think of what you don't have access to.

O
osmosis
you need much much more experience than you have at your age to teach about salmon steel and sturgeon. hone your skills and one day you might be able to pull it off.
how can you possibly teach people to catch salmon/steel, if you havent caught any yet? if you havent caught salmon for years on end (without the help of a guide), I dont think you have a place trying to teach people about it.
have you been filling sturgeon sections on tags for years, if not, its probably not a good idea to teach that either.

Sure documenting your personal experiences is one thing, but most of the successful fishing film is directly related to instruction.

One thing I can say for sure since I know multiple people on the media side of fishing is - do not plan on having actually making much money, and thats IF you make it in the industry.

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
He has actually landed quite a few sturgeon (pictures from his album), but I'm not sure if he caught them with his own experience.

D
Dichrofisher
If you have the "Voice" for telling a story, not the voice in an audio sense but in a narrative sense, than I wouldn't let anyone stop you. Maybe you are a ways from a strong technical background, or might even lack the equipment to film in high quality, but your ideas and energy can carry you a long way. You have to start somewhere. The local community college should have a class in filmogrophy and even have the equipment to use for free. Good luck and I can't wait to hear your tales!:dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
Im Sorry

Im Sorry

It Seems I wasn't Very Clear at All. Shouldnt have Posted

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
It Seems I wasn't Very Clear at All. Shouldnt have Posted
" a good warrior prays for a good death... but a GREAT warrior goes searching for his" I think you should make your video.

H
halibuthitman
why don't you make the video exclusively about your quest for your first nook or steelhead, people love to watch a show about overcoming the odds and being triuphant!

A
Anyfishisfine
halibuthitman said:
why don't you make the video exclusively about your quest for your first nook or steelhead, people love to watch a show about overcoming the odds and being triuphant!

I agree. While you may not yet be the guru, you can document a quest.

M
mgdguy
Go for it! Sounds like a fun project :)

T
Troutier Bassier
No, Im still making the Video. Its just I wasn't very clear on what I meant.

K
Kodiak
First vid

First vid

I did my first fishing video in high school to get out of doing a research paper:dance::dance:..my teacher was a sucker. Fell for the old ...type is a dead media rutine...probably why I can't spell. Any way, I pulled it off and there is a fly shop that caters to turists in colorado that uses it as an instructional video for super noobs. Go for it!..and don't be afraid to make an @$$ of yourself, People eat that up!