A first fish for Fathers dads; fantastic.

L
Liphooked
Caught this one today. Sent it back. First time I ever caught one.:D:shock: I had to ask the yellow Toyota fishing guide boat about the regs. Funny he seemed mad that I caught one. I wasn't going for it and don't fish for those kind of fish. It gets weirder, he had a nasty tone to his voice, I thanked him and let the fish go left it at that. He took his fair else where. (he was coming close to the banks in a funny pattern that I will remember for when I get my boat. He caught a couple nice Springers!) The sheriff boat from Clark county comes by and sit out in front of me. Everyone ( like 6 boats) left the area! The yellow boater was talking loud enough for me to hear. (was that loud information meant to fall on my ears?) Either way thank you Mr. boater for helping with the regs. Also, for the pattern thank you and the info. He does know how to catch fish I seen it from the banks today. My wife was with me so I was smiled upon in a small way today. She never gets to see me catch a fish like that. It was my First one too. Really a special thing . To top it on Fathers day. Love, Life, Light, Liberty. Happy Father days dads, hope it was as special as mine!:dance:

• First sturgeon.998115_3157575234409_1345799533_n.jpg
Reactions: igquick
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: Good for you!! :clap: A lot of guides get cranky when a bank fisherman catches fish, it makes their client wonder if they needed to send all that money on the guide. A word of advice...next time hold the fish gently under the front as well as the tail and take a quick pic so you can be sure it will survive when you release it. The best way is to leave them in the water while you take the pic, but hold them gently if you have to take them out. That fish will be ready for you to take home next year and taste yuuummmmmmmy! :D They taste like lobster... ;) Congrats!:clap:

E
eugene1
Nice catch for father's day! Are you a dad yourself?

Barb, sturg are gonna be closed for retention next year (C&R still open tho), they're not doing too well and the ODFW is trying to protect them.

Best,

C
Carp Lover
Where Are You Fishing?

bass
bass
Great job!

I
igquick
I sent you a pm, but you got to teach me how to do this because carp fishing is a little slow right now. Awesome fish by the way, it must have put a pretty good fight huh?

L
Liphooked
Thank you. I was scared it was going to cut me. I will remember. I don't want to fish for those ones. Steel and pink. He would let me hold him for long so I just held him up fast.
Raincatcher said:
:clap: Good for you!! :clap: A lot of guides get cranky when a bank fisherman catches fish, it makes their client wonder if they needed to send all that money on the guide. A word of advice...next time hold the fish gently under the front as well as the tail and take a quick pic so you can be sure it will survive when you release it. The best way is to leave them in the water while you take the pic, but hold them gently if you have to take them out. That fish will be ready for you to take home next year and taste yuuummmmmmmy! :D They taste like lobster... ;) Congrats!:clap:

L
Liphooked
Yes three. They say maybe sturgeon will close for a couple years? O'well I caught my dinosaur. lol.
eugene1 said:
Nice catch for father's day! Are you a dad yourself?

Barb, sturg are gonna be closed for retention next year (C&R still open tho), they're not doing too well and the ODFW is trying to protect them.

Best,

Reactions: eugene1