A drift boat question

R
radiation
I am looking for a drift boat. I sold my lake boat and have started actively looking. I have questions. What is the purpose of a "pizza oven" on the front of the boat? I've seen them listed on some and am curious if they serve a purpose. If you tell me they're for keeping your pizza warm, I will hunt you down and cause bodily harm! ;)Thanks in advance.

K
killigan
I have seen heaters before in the front of boats, but never a "pizza over."

D
DrTheopolis
I've actually seen a pizza oven on boats.

And it's exactly what it sounds like. You cook a pizza (or other food) in it. Please, no bodily harm -- I'm just the messenger.

We just bring a little propane grill if so inclined. But usually just a grill that can be suspended above a little fire on the riverbank.

It kind of comes down to how much cargo space you want to devote to carrying stuff like propane tanks and whatnot. My buddy's boat has a propane heater up front (works on aluminum, I'd be scared to put one on a fiberglass), and he has a cool 2 gallon tank, but it's been a few years since I've even seen it in the boat (dress appropriately when fishing... duh).

T
TimberTodd
I know its an option on Pavati's. I have been trying to talk Tanner into one for next season.

Last edited:
D
DrTheopolis
TimberTodd said:
talk Tanner into one for next season.

Just my opinion, but I don't think propane appliances are a good idea on fiberglass boats.

jamisonace
jamisonace
The pizza oven is so named because it looks like an Italian "forno" for pizza. Not sure you can actually cook in it but you can warm things up to a seriously toasty temp. I highly recommend having something of the sort on board. Makes for some fun meals when you're on the water.

I actually cook on my boat but I had Koffler create a bracket so I can hang my heater off the side tray facing up to use as a cooking surface. Last night we popped jiffy pop on the boat. Kids love that.

As for the pizza oven: Think things like chili dogs, pre-cooked breakfast burritos or anything you just need to warm up. [MENTION=3610]eat, sleep, fish[/MENTION] uses it for pastries for his guests in the mornings. Warm food is always good in the early morning.

T
TimberTodd
We pulled out along side a Pavati at Sollie Smith and I was razzing him about trading for a Pavati so he could make us pizzas. I think you are correct, high heat sources and fiberglass do not agree with each other.

O
OnTheDrop
I mean, if someone wants to buy me a Pavati, I may take it....

They arent my style of boat. I need something I can beat up, not worry about scratching... ��

O
OnTheDrop
Pizza kind of sounds good, though...

D
DrTheopolis
OnTheDrop said:
They arent my style of boat. I need something I can beat up, not worry about scratching... ��

Starting at $17K or something, not really my style either. The first dent in that one would be painful.

But the door is pretty freaking cool.

D
DirectDrive
radiation said:
I am looking for a drift boat. I sold my lake boat and have started actively looking. I have questions. What is the purpose of a "pizza oven" on the front of the boat? I've seen them listed on some and am curious if they serve a purpose. If you tell me they're for keeping your pizza warm, I will hunt you down and cause bodily harm! ;)Thanks in advance.
Nothing a normal drift boat would have.
Pavati being an abnormal drift boat.

P
pinstriper
OnTheDrop said:
I mean, if someone wants to buy me a Pavati, I may take it....

If somebody scratches your boat, make sure you get their contact info and send them a bill....

E
eat, sleep, fish
Besides the captains chairs with arm rests, the pizza oven is the second best comfort item on the boat. Being able to heat up pastries, cinnamon rolls, or breakfast burritos is extremely nice, especially on those chilly winter steelhead mornings. In a drift boat you often don't have enough room to bring a small grill, so the pizza oven is the easiest way to heat up food. It also makes for a nice hand or glove warmer, and can also heat up damp towels for your hands.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
pinstriper said:
If somebody scratches your boat, make sure you get their contact info and send them a bill....
Before gathering contact info, behave like a complete jerk

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk