A day on the Nestucca

L
lilsalmon
I guess I got voted to do a thread. Myself, bigsteel and Brandon headed out this morning to check out the Nestucca. The Little Nestucca was really low so we decided to find some trout and cutty's on the upper Nestucca. Between the three of us, I think we totaled in the neighborhood of 65 fish. They ranged from small to almost small :D but bigsteel got a 13 incher and Brandon had a couple of good sized one. My prize and one pic is a nice little cutty. It never ceases to amaze me the spunk these smaller guys have. Here are some pics.

my fishy
5871828862_6c0d1708d8_m.jpg

Brandon's
5871270363_c9b9feec1f_m.jpg
5871270259_d1e11d8da9_m.jpg
5871827926_7fe1eb684c_m.jpg
5871270071_dca5fba150_m.jpg

bigsteel's
5871828778_72b1c97e2a_m.jpg
5871828512_8f9eb037e2_m.jpg
5871270449_b4d3e6ab8f_m.jpg

F
FluffyFisherman
Nice job guys and gals!

E
eggs
Well done! I love the upper part of that river!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice work

F
FlyBum
Cuties :)

G
GDBrown
Good job on the little cuties! I assume they were all returned to the water unharmed as usual. Zach and I went to Bonneville and watched the fish in the ladder then went over to the hatchery and met Herman the sturgeon. Beautiful day and great company as well.

Reactions: eggs
H
halibuthitman
sounds like a nice day on the water, can I suggest you guys try out the trask next time you go? LOTS of big cutts in there!

Reactions: eggs
G
GDBrown
And there's a few steelhead jumping around in the "Dam Hole"! At least there was last week when I was there.

troutdude
troutdude
Nicely done. Another fine expedition by our very own dynamic trio.

M
metalfisher76
GDBrown said:
And there's a few steelhead jumping around in the "Dam Hole"! At least there was last week when I was there.

Those were prolly springers. Steel aren`t exactly known for rollin.

nice feesh ya`ll!:)

And I`ll be chasin cutts on the trask shortly. cya there?:D

B
bigsteel
what a great day,tons of fish and perfect weather,,,,,,,,,trask eh i have never fished there but will try it soon,,i love chasin trout on the coastal streams

L
lilsalmon
The Trask? I'm ready to go...never fished there either. All fishes were released safe and sound. The one pic I took kind of was funny cuz the fishy jumped out of my hand but before going in the water managed to jump right through the strap on the camera so the line was tangled in it.....hmmmmmmm....I am always good for at least one laugh

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome day out.beautiful fish, delicious cookies and plenty of laughs. thanks again for having me along . lookin forward to next time. ill get those big uns i missed next time! :lol: