A day of zen!

B
Bucknasty
yesterday was a fantastic day on our over fished lil town run!

My dad is 56 and has never been much into fishing until about three yrs ago when i was hit with the steelhead bug hard after a shoulder injury and found myself doing anything i could to talk him out of elk hunting and into fishing!! This winter dad did great hooking many of fish but only landing a few.. we all know how that goes :think: Well next thing i know dad is motivated.. "THE TUG IS THE DRUG "!!

Fast forward to the present... yesterday dad meets me at day island with his typical im not getting out there till 1000hrs.. I had been there since 0500hrs fishing hard by myself patiently waiting on him. He hops in the front of the boat and hands me a tuna sandwich...OK at least he brought a peace offering i think to myself as i pull the anchor and off we go... finally!

20 min into our drift.... "Dad work the soft water on the river right" ...

"ok, I think im snagggggg......oh yeah fish onnnnnn!!!"

A couple of minutes of steelhead flight school and we netted a 24 in chrome bright lil hen... Bonk and tag!!!

Continuing on... 20 yrds down stream...

"YEE HAW, Bob.... fish!!"

I set anchor in a micro eddy and dad brings to the net a beautiful 34 in buck after about five min! His leader was not going to take another run, that buck had almost chewed through it.

We pick up my wife meaghan and continue on.. meag hooks a fish and loses it immediately... then i hooked a fish and it exploited my weak hookset within a minute:(

1 hr later... meag says.... "hey" "hey" "hey im stuck on the... wow" I look back to see her hooked into a nice fish and its blasting into the air and i can hear the stradic just buzzing!!!! I get goose bumps and set anchor... Meag plays the fish very well, never horsing it and always keeping her rod at a great angle to take the pressure off the line... She brings to the net a 28 in beautiful hen..

"meag, lets get a pic of you with your first steelhead"

"Um.. can you just do it and i'll take pictures?"

I pat her on the back and give her a kiss and try not to get all emotional ;) she says "that was way more fun than catching trout!" all i could do is laugh!!

What a great day for me..... its almost more exciting to see loved ones rippin lips than it is to catch them yourself!! Get out and fish with your friends and family!! Cheers, Bob

p.s. i tried to attach pictures but im pretty dumb so if it didn't work i'll get some help and upload them later :rolleyes:

A
autofisher
Right on bud. It's always great to get other people into fish. Good on ya brotha

J
JeannaJigs
Aw damn! Niiiicccee! Wish I could be out on my boat doing that run right now!

B
Bucknasty
me too!! I was thinking about going out now but i am a bit concerned about leaving the boat while i ride a bicycle shuttle.. would hate to not have a boat when i got back to the put in.. Cheers, Bob

J
JeannaJigs
Bucknasty said:
me too!! I was thinking about going out now but i am a bit concerned about leaving the boat while i ride a bicycle shuttle.. would hate to not have a boat when i got back to the put in.. Cheers, Bob

Yeah on that run I'd never launch without a trailer waiting at the takeout. Cause they may not take your boat, but your gear won't be there when you get back.

T
Thuggin4Life
Some nice fish and a great fealing getting people into fish. Only thing is now i am very jealous seeing my spot just downriver from that fisrt pic and i hit it 2 days in a row a few days back pretty hard withnothing to show for it. I did get 2 people into fish in that stretch already this year so i know how you feel but its my turn. Anyways looks like a great day out on the water. Care to share what you where using? I run a v hull with a prop and we usually anchor up and cast hardware.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Bucknasty said:
"that was way more fun than catching trout!"

haha! Yes it is!

B
Bucknasty
Your turn is coming thuggin!! Every fish was brought to the net on spoons all 1/3... we werent having much luck with the 2/5 spoons.. chrome and blue was the color of the day!l I ended up going back out today and doing a lower float with my good friend kyle and it proved to be productive too.. Cheers, Bob

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice job dude way to slay em

M
metalfisher76
Killen `em! Nice chromers man!!!!

N
nwkiller
nice job man, im sure ur fam is beyond stoked, what where you getting them to hit on? we been doing good on pink worm, bluefoxes and just strait worm and corkie