A couple of questions for fishing in St Louis Ponds

T
temcds
Hi,

New to this forum. I'm thinking to fish crappie in St Louis Ponds. I checked the ODFW website and it says this place opens at 8:00am. I wonder if it's possible to get there earlier, since people said the early morning around sun-rise is a good time.
And is there a map showing the ponds with numbers? There was a post of maps but the link doesn't work any more.

thanks,
Tem

B
Big3d
You can walk in if you get there before the gate opens. If you hunt through the info here or google search it should be easy to get ahold of a ponds map! Happy fishing and good luck

W
wozniasm
There's also a map of the ponds at the first parking spot once you're in.

T
temcds
Thank you guys!

O
orkfest
in the winter you don't drive in and the walk in is not that bad. Best I have done is the back side of pond #6 with snall silver spinners.

T
temcds
Thank you orkfest, I went there last Saturday and was fishing in the pond just at right of the main parking lot (pond #6?). The back side is the east side? I was by the west side and on wroms/float but only got bluegills. There were many people there but I didn't see any big fish caught. BTW Just find out the gate opens at 6:00am during summer time (Mar~Aug).

Maybe next time I will try my luck at Hagg lake, really want to get some crappie.

orkfest said:
in the winter you don't drive in and the walk in is not that bad. Best I have done is the back side of pond #6 with snall silver spinners.