90" of sturg in 5 minutes....

H
halibuthitman
well headed out to the channel today, fished from 9-11 with only two shakers, one was the smallest sturgeon Ive ever caught, slid down to a money hole and met up with sndslgr and watched him punish 2 keepers in five minutes! so I shot some pictures of him. saw around 15 boats and all of them seemed to have a tail stickin up out of the water..... exept mine:( I told myself this year 50" was my self implied keeper limit.... might be settin the sights a little high, good job sndslgr.:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice job guys I'm going to have to give it a try just worried about my little boat.

M
Mike123
Dang!! Man I wish I could have gone.. :clap:
That is one of my New years goals of 2010 is to catch a keeper sturgy!

Looks like Ima be broke till next weekend.. :(

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:nice,nice,nice,,,looks like a perfect day

J
juggernaut506
I was at St. John's from 7-4 today and the biggest one we got was only 31"! The ODFW guy said people did good upriver from the RR bridge and a guide got ticketed for keeping a 37" sturgeon from the Toyota hole.

T
Troutier Bassier
I was hoping on going this sunday if my dad would take me but he probally has work. Its been 2 years since Ive caught a keeper anyways.

S
SNDSLGR
Thanks for the pics HHM, it got better after you had to split. 44,43, and two 39.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg
(my buddy had to get going so I was holding his for the pic)

H
halibuthitman
did you move up to where I called you from? Bam! pretty little maids all in a row, gonna have to rename the thread 200 lbs of sturg in 5 hrs! Man I was wet and cold..... first time Ive really appreciated the heated seats in my truck:D

J
juggernaut506
My fishing buddy and I have decided that we're going to fish all 22 miles of of the Multnomah Channel next Saturday. Oh yes...these sturgeon have started it. It's personal now.

H
halibuthitman
juggernaut506 said:
My fishing buddy and I have decided that we're going to fish all 22 miles of of the Multnomah Channel next Saturday. Oh yes...these sturgeon have started it. It's personal now.

save yourself some time and skip the top 12 miles of it.;)

J
juggernaut506
12 miles from the Columbia or 12 miles from the Willie?

T
Troutier Bassier
Damn Bro. Thats a lot of keepers. Im suprised you dident get one brad? You being the better fisherman and all. ;) Joking. Im sure SNDSLGR is good too. Haha

Great work though. :clap:

H
halibuthitman
juggernaut506 said:
12 miles from the Columbia or 12 miles from the Willie?

from the willie

J
juggernaut506
Awesome! That is going to save me a lot of time! I owe you one if I catch something.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
Damn Bro. Thats a lot of keepers. Im suprised you dident get one brad? You being the better fisherman and all. ;) Joking. Im sure SNDSLGR is good too. Haha

Great work though. :clap:

actually T.B there is a good lesson in this day of fishing, I got there first, was catching shakers and sndslgr arrived, we fished 10 ft apart for about 20-30 minutes, I kept thinkng....move, but the little bites made me go against my own rules, sndslgr on the other hand.... moved, banged 2 keepers instantly.. perfectly played keeper hunting. So, I moved over and we tied together, 20 minutes go by and Im feeling the call of some shallower water, but again... ignored it... about an hour later I said my fairwell and headed to a pretty good keeper spot, dropped my bait bam... missed, five minutes later action again.... then my phone rings and the microwave is on fire at home... pull anchor and leave.. I did nothing right today... I even stepped in over my waders trailering my boat on the way home, But it was an awsome day, saw my friend do Everything right..... and I don't mind no fish, becouse im looking for only ONE fish.... and it is earned

O
Outdoor_Myers
halibuthitman said:
actually T.B there is a good lesson in this day of fishing, I got there first, was catching shakers and sndslgr arrived, we fished 10 ft apart for about 20-30 minutes, I kept thinkng....move, but the little bites made me go against my own rules, sndslgr on the other hand.... moved, banged 2 keepers instantly.. perfectly played keeper hunting. So, I moved over and we tied together, 20 minutes go by and Im feeling the call of some shallower water, but again... ignored it... about an hour later I said my fairwell and headed to a pretty good keeper spot, dropped my bait bam... missed, five minutes later action again.... then my phone rings and the microwave is on fire at home... pull anchor and leave.. I did nothing right today... I even stepped in over my waders trailering my boat on the way home, But it was an awsome day, saw my friend do Everything right..... and I don't mind no fish, becouse im looking for only ONE fish.... and it is earned

man seems like it was a great day of fishing anyways! you told me they where bitting lol but I decided to use my day pass to go trout fishing :p next time I'll go sturgeon once I get the gear lol.

F
fishnquest
Awesome pics. Great job. I love sturgeon fishing; 83incher last year (c&r) was my best. I took my daughter and her fam last year on the Willamete; limits for all and they absolutely loved it. Its a hoot! I got some eel from xtreme and just waiting to use em.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ive had days like that too. Ive learned to Listen to my gut. ALWAYS! I was once fishing for bass off my dads boat and it was a slow day. I just looked at a fallen tree and kept looking at it and looking at it. I finally made a cast and I caught 4 nice smallies that day. Almost my limit.

Thanks for the story. :D

F
Fishtopher
Right on guys! :clap:

F
Fishtopher
:)What scents ya got there in the bag??:)

Top Bottom