9/14/14 Report!

X
xltom
I went to this lake not expecting much. I was with my girlfriend and her sister, neither have licenses so I was fishing alone. I set out Saturday evening and scouted the lake while the ladies set up tents . Eventually I came to the east end of the lake and saw a point with lots of vegetation then a drop off where the greenery stops. It looked like a great ambush spot for bass so I threw on a spinner bait and nosed my boat into the bank halfway up the point. I positioned the boat this way so I could throw parallel to the drop off in either direction. First cast and I got nailed by the biggest bass I've landed since moving to the west coast. That one got fileted before I thought to take any pics. I C&Red a few more that night.

Sunday morning I was out at first light. Clear skies and water temp was 67 degrees on the surface. There was a thick fog on the lake. So thick I had to slow way down to make it back to the east side without running aground. I fished till about 2:30pm and caught a dozen or so and kept a nice limit of 5 LM bass that should filet up nice and easy. I'm surprised there isn't more threads about this lake here. Great bass fishing.

055.jpg

CAM00121.jpg

071.jpg

029.jpg

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Whoa! You found a gold mine there! :thumb: Great report and great pics. Hopefully there will be more reports here now.

T
TimberTodd
Loon lake is a great place. There's not the jet ski or water skier population now that schools back in session. Nice catch and report.

troutdude
troutdude
Great report, and nice fish! One of 'em even looks like, he's OFFering a light!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Hi xltom:) can i ask what color spinner bait?

X
xltom
GoBlueFan said:
Hi xltom:) can i ask what color spinner bait?

Yup. It was white with a little blue on the head. They are only a buck at walmart. Big spinner bait with two blades. Best dollar I ever spent. The water was pretty green that day. Had it been clear I would have went with something more muted. Remember to let it fall to the desired depth before you retrieve.

Last edited:
X
xltom
Fried bass nuggets with panko bread crumbs and pancake mix for the breading!! I ate good tonight.