7'0" Shakespeare Synergy Rod Med. Action --- Strong enough for Coho?

U
uberschweiz
Do you guys think my Shakespeare Synergy 7'0" Action: Medium (6-12 Lb. Line) Rod will work for fishing Coho?

I'm changing spools on my reel to add 10 lb. line

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

M
Mike123
Strong enough? Yes....

What type of fishing you doing with it?
With that short of rod I take it throwing spinners?

Reactions: OnTheFly
U
uberschweiz
Exactly

Exactly

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Yes, I went last weekend with my wife's Grandfather, he had all his equipment so I didn't need any of mine.

But yes, I have 10 Lb. test on there, and plan on just throwing spinners, maybe trying to fish a Kwikfish too.

Just want to make sure my rod doesn't snap in half if I land one!

M
Mike123
uberschweiz said:
Thanks for the reply Mike.

Yes, I went last weekend with my wife's Grandfather, he had all his equipment so I didn't need any of mine.

But yes, I have 10 Lb. test on there, and plan on just throwing spinners, maybe trying to fish a Kwikfish too.

Just want to make sure my rod doesn't snap in half if I land one!

Nah not a chance of snappin' it... You're line will snap before the rod.
Just keep the drag set about right. Keep your rod tip up and never point your rod straight at the fish, that puts all the stress on your line.

T
Thuggin4Life
you could even use my 5' with 8lb if you want to have some fun. plan on playing with it on silttcoos soon.

Y
youngbuck307
will work fine like they said set your drag right so the fish can run when he wants to.... a lot to do with the longer rods people use is so you have less line in the water and a better angle to drift\bobber fish....

Reactions: OnTheFly