5th St Pond in Sprigfield

T
TTFishon
Has anyone fished this pond before. I fished it a couple of times last year. My buddy caught a one pounder and I saw some huge carp jumping at different areas of the pond. There's limited access and a fair amount of poison oak. There's a spot to put a boat in but then you'd have to go over a big log that's blocking the dam.

M
mikeredding
I have no idea where it is at. Must be on the south end?

T
tbox
I fished that pond a few years ago. Lots of lm's around a pound back then. I imagine they're still in there with a bit more weight on em.

T
Thuggin4Life
Where is this pond at? A local springfielder and i currently live on 5th street. I know most of the local spots and this 5th street pond confuses the hell out of me.

B
Bfishin
Ya, I'd like to know where this pond is also. Never seen one on 5th in Springfield

T
Thuggin4Life
I google earthed it and it is located on the south side of south a street on the other side of the railroad tracks. The pond lies between 8th street and 14th street near the mills. looks like you might have to trespass to get there.

F
Finneus Polebender
5 st pond

5 st pond

The old mill pond yes have fished it once no luck . Other fishin buddy has caught 1 LM out there and there are a lot of carp. The place looks good just havent spent enuff time on it .

T
Thuggin4Life
is it possible to get a boat in there?

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
is it possible to get a boat in there?

yes like tt said gotta pull out and go around log chain at front of pond

T
Thuggin4Life
Finneus Polebender said:
yes like tt said gotta pull out and go around log chain at front of pond

Should have re read the post. too worried about finding it.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
I google earthed it and it is located on the south side of south a street on the other side of the railroad tracks. The pond lies between 8th street and 14th street near the mills. looks like you might have to trespass to get there.

I thought it was trespassing too until I talked to a security guard. He said we were fine as long as we stayed on the pond side of the fence.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Should have re read the post. too worried about finding it.

Once you drive over the railroad tracks turn left and follow the road back. You will get the feeling you're trespassing but you're not.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Once you drive over the railroad tracks turn left and follow the road back. You will get the feeling you're trespassing but you're not.

Feel a bit better then got out of school early thought id check it out fer ya since its blocks away. noticed the signs too was not sure city signs not real clear whats in or out. do not have to pull over log they have knocked apath wide enough to get a truck through in the blackberrys you can now walk right past log chain and put in. Fished for just under an hour not real hard was explorin, forgot how big it was.No luck on fish saw some small ones hittin bugs as i was leaving The place sure looks right, took some pics of some pretty spots & a couple wide shots water seemed fairly warm. Think it may be worth it if we can find em

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Feel a bit better then got out of school early thought id check it out fer ya since its blocks away. noticed the signs too was not sure city signs not real clear whats in or out. do not have to pull over log they have knocked apath wide enough to get a truck through in the blackberrys you can now walk right past log chain and put in. Fished for just under an hour not real hard was explorin, forgot how big it was.No luck on fish saw some small ones hittin bugs as i was leaving The place sure looks right, took some pics of some pretty spots & a couple wide shots water seemed fairly warm. Think it may be worth it if we can find em

Nice pics. The water looks good. Thanks for the update and thanks for posting the pics.

T
Thuggin4Life
could some one give me directions?

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
could some one give me directions?

First go to post #7. Click on the link. Zoom in starting at the railroad tracks. Follow the road on the map to the right. The road leads right to the pond. You can't miss it.

T
Thuggin4Life
TTFishon said:
First go to post #7. Click on the link. Zoom in starting at the railroad tracks. Follow the road on the map to the right. The road leads right to the pond. You can't miss it.

It's also hard to miss the several NO TRESPASSING signs surrounding the entrance to the pond and where you would have to park. Didn't get out and fish because some of the guys working were looking my way and they weren't smiling or waving... and the pond didn't look very fishy.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
It's also hard to miss the several NO TRESPASSING signs surrounding the entrance to the pond and where you would have to park. Didn't get out and fish because some of the guys working were looking my way and they weren't smiling or waving... and the pond didn't look very fishy.

I'll have to go check it out with my little aluminum.

F
FishSlayer420
Thuggin BFishin and I were out there fishing in Thuggins boat and did not catch a single thing. It was super windy though. I did hook into a monster carp from the bank fishing a worm on the bottom snapped my 6lb line clean. very shallow pond all the way around the pond. Anyone know exactly what species of fish are in there? Besides Bass and Carp.