4th of July fish

M

Mad dog

My son got off work at 4:00pm so we hit the river this afternoon hoping everyone would be BBQing and enjoying all the other holiday festivities. We fished one hole for salmon a bit, my son missed a good bite right off the bat, but no other biters so we headed down river to another hole that had been too high to fish until recently. The tailout of this hole is an excellent summer run lie. After about 15 minutes of fishing it I feel, THUNK...THUNK, so I give a good hookset....WIFF!!! Missed that one clean! I tell my son who was fishing just upstream that I had just missed a good bite that I was pretty sure was a steelhead bite instead of a salmon bite. I re-baited with a fresh piece of roe and on the next cast I'm drifting through the seam in the tailout when I feel, THUNK...THUNK, this time I was ready and set hard! I'M ON!!! :dance:

A nice little cookie cutter hatchery fish, my 1st summer of the season! :clap: I tagged out a bit later with a salmon....a good 4th for me!
001-11.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kage

that's a beauty of a catch there, i'm still waitin for my first steelhead EVER haha

Top Bottom