40 horse johnson 2 stroke

T

TTFishon

I recently bought an older boat that came with a 40 horse johnson 2 stroke motor. The guy I bought it from had no idea what fuel to oil ratio to use. Does anyone know of a reputable boat motor mechanic in the Eugene/Springfield area I could talk or take it to?

C

Commodore S

I recently bought an older boat that came with a 40 horse johnson 2 stroke motor. The guy I bought it from had no idea what fuel to oil ratio to use. Does anyone know of a reputable boat motor mechanic in the Eugene/Springfield area I could talk or take it to?

Usually fuel to oil is 50-1 not sure for your motor though, I think it's easier to change oil soaked plugs than a motor that got to hot from not havin enough in the pre-mix. Just my 2 cent's. Mel' Marine is a very reputable place to get work done, just don't be in a hurry:rolleyes:

Troutski

Troutski

50-1...

50-1...

I also believe it is 50 to 1 on the ratio.
I recommend Staff Jennings in Eugene on Centennial, I have never had a problem with them. They are also a Johnson authorized dealer...

Chuck

B

Bassdad54

I have 48hp Johnson

I have 48hp Johnson

50-1

H

Hawk

Go to Google do a search by typing in(owners manual Johnson 40 HP) the serial number & model number. Many times online u can find a manual.

Best of Luck Bro..................:D

Top Bottom