4 stroke trolling motor remote throttle setup

J
jaxworks
I went out with a friend last summer that just put $30K in a nice new boat and motor and he sat back by the transom all day in the sun running the trolling motor. When I asked why he didn't have some type of remote throttle (easy enough to tie the main motor to the small gas trolling motor to steer) he said they were very expensive.:(
I thought it over and have come up with a small waterproof servo and and 2 small circuit boards and can control the throttle perfectly with 3 small wires and a 3 x 5 control panel...even has a small digital tach to judge the RPM for that perfect trolling speed.:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like you are the perfect friend to keep around. I have absolutely no skills in that area, even though I went to ITT Tech way back in the dinosaur age. lol

C
CaptKirk
A company called Trollmaster makes a nice remote throttle control. Together with Panther T4 remote steer. There remote just hangs around your neck so you can steer from anywhere on the boat. You can't beat it. I got mine about 5 years ago and it has been trouble free.

J
jaxworks
How much did that system cost?

C
CaptKirk
About $175 for the throttle and $450 for the steering. They have went up a little since then. You can get them through Cabelas

Top Bottom