4 oz.Costal Trout or 20-30 lb

R
Razz
Kill a 4 oz. trout today it will never have a chance to become 20-50lb in a couple of years. Should there be a trout season on costal river?

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Razz said:
If I release a 4 oz. today and it will come back 10-50lb should there be a trout season on costal river?If not a law maybe WE as fisherman should do it.((These are not cut throut)))

Huh??? :think: What are you talking about?

B
bigsteel
:think::think::think::think::think::think::think::think:

B
beaverfan
I'm lost, utterly and completely lost.......

B
beaverfan
Razz said:
If I release a 4 oz. today and it will come back 10-50lb should there be a trout season on costal river?If not a law maybe WE as fisherman should do it.((These are not cut throut)))

Are you saying there are no Cutthroat trout in the coastal rivers and if we would just not fish for them they will all come back 10-50lbs? Cuz that's what I'm getting from your post.

B
bigsteel
beaverfan said:
:think::think::think::think::think::think: just noticed your avatar,,,thats sweet you got to meet the trailer park boys,,,,"its not rocket appliances"

B
beaverfan
bigsteel said:
:think::think::think::think::think::think: just noticed your avatar,,,thats sweet you got to meet the trailer park boys,,,,"its not rocket appliances"

Ya it was friggin' awesome!!!!!

S
Spydeyrch
Razz said:

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Perhaps if you worded it a little differently or gave a little background as to what you are trying to explain. Sorry.

-Spydey

T
Troutier Bassier
Razz said:

Bardle Doo?

G
GDBrown
Is he confusing salmon/steelhead smolts with cutthroat trout? If he can tell the difference between a cutthroat and a smolt then he can release it if he wants. ODFW reg say salmon/steelhead under a certain size are trout. Unless it is a Coho of course. :lol:

S
Spydeyrch
Ok, after trying to put things together. I think, maybe, that I might, possibly, understand, to some degree, what you are stating. Correct me if I am wrong.

You're train of thought is as follows:

If one were to catch a 4 oz. trout and release it, then several years later, it might come back as a 10 - 50 lb fish. If so, should we even have a trout season on the coastal systems because if we didn't then all the trout would come back as a 10 - 50 lb fish, right? If there isn't a law for this, then as the active fisherman, we should make it a moral choice to participate in something like this.

Am I on course with my thinking and interpretation of your post?

A few things really quick. The only other trout that would do this is the Rainbow/Steelhead, since you said not cut-throat. The Rainbow Trout that goes out to sea and then comes back to it's native river system to spawn is known as a Steelhead. But the thing is that not all of the rainbow trout do it, only some. Which out of all of them? I don't think there is a way to determine which will go out to sea and which will not. So basically we would be waiting for something to happen (ALL rainboww trout to go out to see and come back years later) that won't happen.

Others are free to chime in and correct me if I am wrong. Thanks! :)

-Spydey

Last edited:
Reactions: lilsalmon
B
beaverfan
I want to catch a 50lb Steelhead!!!!!!!

S
Spydeyrch
beaverfan said:
I want to catch a 50lb Steelhead!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!???:shock::dance::pray::pray:

M
Mad dog
Razz said:

Are you implying that there are no trout in coastal rivers?

S
skunk
Wow guys, can't believe none of you follow his logic. I'll explain...5 divided by 50 when you tie the tippet onto the eye of the fly change out the treble hook for a swiash steelhead can't swim backward while flownder swim sidewards throw it!

brandon4455
brandon4455
what you talkin bout willis?

R
Razz
Just saying if you kill a 4 oz trout it will never return as a adult salmon or steelhead .

G
GDBrown
Are you talking about Oregon Coastal rivers or the HOH?

brandon4455
brandon4455
Razz said:
Just saying if you kill a 4 oz trout it will never return as a adult salmon or steelhead .

trout don't turn into steelhead and salmon. smolts do o_o

K
Kais
I think he is saying that trout fishing shouldn't be allowed in coastal streams because too many people will catch smolts. AND he thought that smolts and trout are the same.