4-16-2010 report

T
the_intimidator03
Well i decided to spend the afternoon from about 2-7:30 out at alton baker park Was fishing nymphs under an indicator at the outflow pond and the main channel as well. caught and released 6-8 fish around 10-11 inches each missed quite a few others.

N
natro
I was there today too. Got there about 10:00am, and left about 6pm. Spent almost all my time along the straight stretch over by Kowloons. Went home with only 2, but if I could have landed the ones I caught but lost I could have been home by probably 11:30am. Slowed waaaaaaay down for me in the afternoon. Tried spoons and power eggs.

T
the_intimidator03
yeah it slowed down since i lost my prince nymph ( thing started falling apart on the tail side of it after about a dozen strikes and 4-5 fish landed)

E
everett464
I have had zero luck nymphing anywhere on that canal anywhere west of the freeway. What sort of technique are you using? Just a really lazy dead-drift?

T
the_intimidator03
just a corky for an indicator with a toothpick to lock it to about 2-3 feet depth cast out... let set maybe twitch it in a bit and let set then cast out again lol

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow i thought i was the only one using a corkie as a strike indicator Lol