3 Rivers winter steel

R
rainman
Headed out in the morning to the 3 Rivers area to see if we can hook up with some winter steel. Any advice from you guys ?? We plan on using bobber/eggs, bobber/jigs and perhaps the odd spinner.

R
rainman
Started at the hatchery, not many fishing, saw 1 lil steel on the bank when we got there. Nobody stayed very long, water low and clear. Moved a few times, fished mainly with roe. nuttin.
Will try again next week.

M
Mike123
Soon as we get a good rain I plan on being there..

To me, 3 Rivers is like the NF Alsea, I think it's best fished when the water is high on the mainstem.. When the water is up in the Nestucca fish have an easy time shooting up 3 Rivers... Can't wait..

If we don't get rain I don't plan on fishing 3 rivers...

J
joni
caught a little steely

caught a little steely

i caught a little steely below the hatchery on thursday morning
kinda funny i haven't been on here for a while but i saw this post and i was like hey i think that was my fish he's talking about
makes me feel good considering its the 4th steelhead of my life
thought i got my first winter but i guess it was a summer

Y
youngbuck307
... no i would say that looks like a winter to me! if it is a summer it has no color.and if thats a summer fish it is way messed up on time he should of been here lol

J
joni
yeah i have no idea im just going with what the dudes at the river told me

Y
youngbuck307
just sand and blood on the fish right? was it nice and bright just a lil darker on top?

R
rainman
joni said:
i caught a little steely below the hatchery on thursday morning
kinda funny i haven't been on here for a while but i saw this post and i was like hey i think that was my fish he's talking about
makes me feel good considering its the 4th steelhead of my life
thought i got my first winter but i guess it was a summer

2 guys got there shortly after that fish was caught. One of them, the taller of the 2, came up and talked to the guy who caught the fish. If that was you, then that was me. LOL

A
adambomb
youngbuck307 said:
... no i would say that looks like a winter to me! if it is a summer it has no color.and if thats a summer fish it is way messed up on time he should of been here lol

I'm not an expert by a long shot, but I would vote winter also.

F
fishhunter
L:D:Dks like winter steel to me !:dance: