3 rivers closed due to snaggers

M

markasd

Just close that creek for springers 100 percent! Fish the winters, then close it. Every year, without fail this happens. The state spends how much on people to go out there and chase looser's around that are too stupid to learn how to actually catch a fish? Too much...

Close this fishery once and for all, put more of those fish in the main river and only fish winter steel up there.

H

halibuthitman

wow, He thinks beads, corkies and yarn are the problem? sure.. high and mighty guide syndrome... hmmm bet he was up slamming coho all last fall and roe stripping them for nook eggs... ass... just another guide who thinks he has a grip on anything. How about ending this f****ing over priced hatchery nook system, and move on to barbless single hook no bait no external shot catch and release only.. never ever had a bad expirence on a river with these rules. Salmon season always brings out the d-bag meat hunters who only go to get meat any way they can... so, stop letting them keep the fish. 3 rivers is a joke of a zoo any weekend and a lot of week days, there are much lonelier nicer spots to fish, of course they don't have bank side parking.. but thats half the reason they are so nice and lonely.

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Solution: Close the damn Hatchery area, the water is about a foot deep so flossing will produce more mouth hooks than a Spinner or Eggs, the water is too fast unless your wanting Steelies.

I heard some guys got busted at the mouth of Three Rivers or somewhere on the Nestucca with a gill net and over 100 Salmon, they also had Salmon in their freezer at home in which they admitted catching with the gill net.

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Doesn't Three Rivers close at the end of June anyways? Usually they end up extending the season if they get a good enough return, I don't believe the season extender is a garunteed thing, so does no good for the guide (I know him personally) to rant and rave about it.

R

rippin fish lips

beads, yarn, and corkies arent the problem of this. its there long a$s leaders with there 2-4 oz sinkers, and there big a$$ hooks that to it... you can cahtch steelhead/salmon with corkies/yarn/beads with 1-2 feet of leader... like the guys below dexter damn! it's worse this year, and is only gunna keep ge tting worse as each year passes by... they should just take a look at all the snagging holes/spots and close it all at those spots!! They put the beads,corkies/yarn there to keep there big A$$ hook off the bottom. heck like hallibutman said.... "How about ending this f****ing over priced hatchery nook system, and move on to barbless single hook no bait no external shot catch and release only.."

im with you bro!!

S

skunk

wow, He thinks beads, corkies and yarn are the problem? sure.. high and mighty guide syndrome... hmmm bet he was up slamming coho all last fall and roe stripping them for nook eggs... ass... just another guide who thinks he has a grip on anything. How about ending this f****ing over priced hatchery nook system, and move on to barbless single hook no bait no external shot catch and release only.. never ever had a bad expirence on a river with these rules. Salmon season always brings out the d-bag meat hunters who only go to get meat any way they can... so, stop letting them keep the fish. 3 rivers is a joke of a zoo any weekend and a lot of week days, there are much lonelier nicer spots to fish, of course they don't have bank side parking.. but thats half the reason they are so nice and lonely.

Yes, i agree.

D

dirtyd fishin

i agree with that too but three rivers is a big hot spot and every year thier is snagging in the hearty and that is one spot that has got a lot of ppl busted this year

M

markasd

There is just not enough patrol to have any real impact on those knuckle-draggers.... there needs to be a guy assigned to questionable fisheries to hang in the back round - chill in the bushes at spots known for knuckle-draggin' fisher-folk... heart attack hole is a great start. The guy can run video of said knuckle-draggers and then cite em, take gear the whole nine... ya rite!

Fantasy world over - nothing will ever really change over there. The mindset that these are just hatch fish and kill em all prevails, have an idea that's why the law is kinda "over it".

Put more fish in the main stem Nestucca and not so many in Three Rivers itself. What a waste of fish, let alone waste the main river which has much more water and room for fish and fisher-folk. Just think, if there were only a small percentage of the fish in there ya think that many knuckle-draggers will focus on em? Doubt it..

Top Bottom