3 Creeks Lake

R
rainbowfisherman
Has anyone ever fished it? I tried it once and had no luck but i know people who say theres awesome fishing there so what did i do wrong? I was fly fishing

K
ketts05
Are you talking about the three creek lake just south Sisters?

R
rainbowfisherman
Yes sorry if i wasn't clear enough

T
thepreditor
I have fished it a hand full of times. Hit and miss. We fly fished it and run bait. No matter what its an awsome place. My wife and I had a strange thing happen up there one time we went campin up there. We decided to row across and camp by the cliff and a little creek that ran into the lake. Got home and telling her parents about it and they tell us that was exactly where they spread her grandpas ashes who passed away before she was born. It was a heck of a quincidence....... Even if you dont catch fish you can't beat the scenery.

K
ketts05
I've been there a couple times once had a lot of success with bait, the second time mostly struck out with lures and a few flies. The second time we were fishing from a long flat spot before the drop off and the fish wouldn't hit there. There were a few people making a killing with buggers right where the lake dropped off; they were using float tubes or boats to hit the spots. As you walk around the lake though you can definitly hit the drop off from the shore as you work your way around it.

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks all, I agree the scenery can't be beaten