3-6-09 A beautiful sunny day at the pond and a 29 inch brooder!

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Today, the weather had gorgeous blue skies and warmer weather for very enjoyable fishing at the JCP. :cool: A young lady pulled out a 29" brooder on her very first cast!! She was using a #10 hook with yellow power bait on a two-foot leader. I took a couple of cell-phone pics, which I will try my best to figure out how to post here. I am new to this forum and my hubby and I are 6 months new to living in Eugene, OR. We love it here and the fishing is great!! Tight lines!!! Lady of the Lake(s). Oregon Lakes rule!!!:dance:

3/8/09 Correction to Title of Thread: that was a 31 inch brooder!! Wowsers!!!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to OFF

Welcome to OFF

WoooHoooo! Welcome to yet another female fisher folk! I am sooo glad to welcome you aboard. You will find a horde of great fisher folk here. If you have any questions or if you want to add your own info to any thread, jump right in. You have a lot of fellow members in your area who are all very helpful. Great first post, I have a feeling you've done this before. Where did you and yours fish before you found God's own country? Again,welcome. Be safe.
Barb

Troutski
Troutski
Wonderful job...

Wonderful job...

Welcome to OFF you have the perfect attitude for this site. That is one very nice fish, hopefully that will be you in the next picture...thanks again.

Chuck

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Wow! That's a nice fish for the first cast!!

Welcome to the site!

B
Bassman-503
Very nice.....what pond is that at

H
Hawk
Beautiful pictures. Welcome to the Family Sister Lady of the Lake........................................................:D:D:D:D:D...............................:cool::cool::cool:...............................:clap::clap::clap:

c&r some Big'Un Lunkers..................:D

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Bassman-503 said:
Very nice.....what pond is that at

Junction City Pond. West side of Hwy 99, just a little South of Junction City.

T
TTFishon
LadyoftheLake said:
Today, the weather had gorgeous blue skies and warmer weather for very enjoyable fishing at the JCP. :cool: A young lady pulled out a 29" brooder on her very first cast!! She was using a #10 hook with yellow power bait on a two-foot leader. I took a couple of cell-phone pics, which I will try my best to figure out how to post here. I am new to this forum and my hubby and I are 6 months new to living in Eugene, OR. We love it here and the fishing is great!! Tight lines!!! Lady of the Lake(s). Oregon Lakes rule!!!:dance:

Welcome to Eugene and welcome to OFF. I'm new to this forum too, but I grew up in Eugene. There are many wonderful places to fish in any direction you're willing to travel. Welcome aboard.

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Raincatcher said:
WoooHoooo! Welcome to yet another female fisher folk! I am sooo glad to welcome you aboard. I have a feeling you've done this before. Where did you and yours fish before you found God's own country? Barb

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome to OFF. :) I'm glad to see that there are other enthusiastic fisher-ladies out there on the water and in here reading and posting.

I am very new to fishing. My hub and I have just moved up to Oregon and barely escaped out of the SF Bay area before the entire housing market fell apart. We sold our owner-built custom home in Walnut Creek, CA to two doctors who fell in love with our house. My hub used to take our old run about tri-hull boat out fishing in the SF Bay and the Delta waters. I have to say...although I'm sure he enjoyed going fishing to get some much needed R & R, not much fish came home. He also enjoyed fishing with his buddies who live up in Paradise, CA and they would fish on Lake Shasta.

Me? ...I am completely new to fishing. My Grandpa took me trolling for bass on this cruiser in the SF Bay when I was 8 and we caught 1 bass and went home. ...And, I cought 1 little throw-back from the dock when I was 10. When hub and I got engaged 21 years ago, my dad treated the three of us to an ocean fishing trip just outside the Golden Gate Bridge. All I remember is the trench of hubs onions on his sandwich and then non-stop seasickness.

So now that we have some more time, and now that we live in beautiful Oregon, we bought a new Bayliner and I am learning how to fish. I spent some time on Youtube watching how to catch trout videos and how to tie fishing knots. I still have a ton to learn. But I'm real excited about fishing. I love the taste of fish!! I picked up an Ugly Stick with #4 line and a Shakespear real already attached for $30, and a tackle box with a variety of lures, etc. I was hoping that the Junction City Pond would be easy pickins with the recent stocking of all those trout...but, it's not so easy.

Yesterday, I tried fresh salad shrimp and I fished from the top while standing on the dock. Nothing.:think: Then, that cute little girl landing that hugamoungous brooder right underneath us!!! So, yes...the fish are in there. I switched my bait to yellow power bait and took off my bobber. I only had about 2 eraser heads worth of powerbait on my #10 treble hook. Maybe not enough? Should I go for an amount the size of a small gumball?:think:

Anyway...the JCP is a great place to practice! It's close to Eugene and stuffed with huge trout. Next week we hope to get the new boat out onto a lake. We have to break in the new motor by just boating around for about 20 hours. So, it will be a combo trip of fishing and boating. I am still studying for my Oregon Boaters Education Card. Hub passed his already online...and I have just one more chapter to study and then I can go online and study more and take the test.

Also, this is my first forum...other than Yahoo! Answers. So I am still learning how this all works.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Lady of the Lake!!:D

M
mikeredding
Welcome again, we are glad to have you.:) What a change from Walnut Creek. I have family there and my wife has family in Paradise. Small world I guess. It sounds like you are ready to catch some fish!:D Keep using that powerbait at the JC Pond and you are sure to hook up. I have never fished it myself but from what I hear it is fairly productive. There are a lot of good topics on the forum that can help you learn. Before too long you will be reeling them in.:clap:
P.S. Nice Boat!

H
Hawk
LadyoftheLake said:
Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome to OFF. :) I'm glad to see that there are other enthusiastic fisher-ladies out there on the water and in here reading and posting.

I am very new to fishing. My hub and I have just moved up to Oregon and barely escaped out of the SF Bay area before the entire housing market fell apart. We sold our owner-built custom home in Walnut Creek, CA to two doctors who fell in love with our house. My hub used to take our old run about tri-hull boat out fishing in the SF Bay and the Delta waters. I have to say...although I'm sure he enjoyed going fishing to get some much needed R & R, not much fish came home. He also enjoyed fishing with his buddies who live up in Paradise, CA and they would fish on Lake Shasta.

Me? ...I am completely new to fishing. My Grandpa took me trolling for bass on this cruiser in the SF Bay when I was 8 and we caught 1 bass and went home. ...And, I cought 1 little throw-back from the dock when I was 10. When hub and I got engaged 21 years ago, my dad treated the three of us to an ocean fishing trip just outside the Golden Gate Bridge. All I remember is the trench of hubs onions on his sandwich and then non-stop seasickness.

So now that we have some more time, and now that we live in beautiful Oregon, we bought a new Bayliner and I am learning how to fish. I spent some time on Youtube watching how to catch trout videos and how to tie fishing knots. I still have a ton to learn. But I'm real excited about fishing. I love the taste of fish!! I picked up an Ugly Stick with #4 line and a Shakespear real already attached for $30, and a tackle box with a variety of lures, etc. I was hoping that the Junction City Pond would be easy pickins with the recent stocking of all those trout...but, it's not so easy.

Yesterday, I tried fresh salad shrimp and I fished from the top while standing on the dock. Nothing.:think: Then, that cute little girl landing that hugamoungous brooder right underneath us!!! So, yes...the fish are in there. I switched my bait to yellow power bait and took off my bobber. I only had about 2 eraser heads worth of powerbait on my #10 treble hook. Maybe not enough? Should I go for an amount the size of a small gumball?:think:

Anyway...the JCP is a great place to practice! It's close to Eugene and stuffed with huge trout. Next week we hope to get the new boat out onto a lake. We have to break in the new motor by just boating around for about 20 hours. So, it will be a combo trip of fishing and boating. I am still studying for my Oregon Boaters Education Card. Hub passed his already online...and I have just one more chapter to study and then I can go online and study more and take the test.

Also, this is my first forum...other than Yahoo! Answers. So I am still learning how this all works.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!

Lady of the Lake!!:D

Fer over 4 lustrums we've loved living here in OR way out in the country on the side of a beautiful forested mountain.

Before that we lived in CA, Monterey/Marina/Prunedale area. Still have relatives San Leandro, Sonoma, Gilroy, Jamestown.

We used to catch a lot of Striped Bass, Channel Cat,etc on the Delta, Sac River, LM in Lake Camanche south shore, CA Aquaduct, Delta/Mendota canal, San Luis Res Forebay, San Antonio Res, Naciemiento, etc

Beautiful Pics............ Happy fishin'.......................:D:D:D:D..................................:cool::cool::cool:

S
SDK
Welcome and thanks for the pics and fishing report. My wife and I, along with our son are also recent residents of Eugene. We escaped from New York. Hope to catch you out on the water sometime!

Scott

J
jlmccarthy
Father of the 1 that showed him up

Father of the 1 that showed him up

Just wanted to Reply to lady of the lake, My daughter was the girl in the picture, Leslie...We mesured The brooder at 31" from tip of tail to tip of lip, weighted approx. 11 to 12 pounds baked it up and we still have left-overs from a 9 person dinner, and of course that was our second fishing trip of the year and that was our first catch of the year...so now all year im gunna have to live with "i beat you dad" :lol: anyway im glad lady of the lake help me find this site, been fishing here in oregon for a year and still learning a lot of places, great informational site. i will definatly be returning here for information and help if i can.

Grade A thumbs up for the site :clap:

M
mikeredding
jlmccarthy said:
Just wanted to Reply to lady of the lake, My daughter was the girl in the picture, Leslie...We mesured The brooder at 31" from tip of tail to tip of lip, weighted approx. 11 to 12 pounds baked it up and we still have left-overs from a 9 person dinner, and of course that was our second fishing trip of the year and that was our first catch of the year...so now all year im gunna have to live with "i beat you dad" :lol: anyway im glad lady of the lake help me find this site, been fishing here in oregon for a year and still learning a lot of places, great informational site. i will definatly be returning here for information and help if i can.

Grade A thumbs up for the site :clap:

Congratulations to your daughter!:clap: Glad you found the site and wish you the best of luck beating her record. You will need it, she set the bar pretty high.:D

Last edited:
LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Welcome to OFF jlmccarthy!! I put a correction on the first post to reflect the actual fish size. Wow, the bar has been set high!!! I hope we are all soon pulling out such giantasaurus fish!!

G
grampa ron
Big Trout for the girl.

Big Trout for the girl.

I was there when she caught it. It was a blast. She was pretty cool, making up her own recipe of power bait and salmon eggs. Most of the people there caught nothing.

Top Bottom