3/3-4/11 Willamette monster Catfish

D
Drew9870
Just got back from the Willamette, was not expecting to catch what I did, fished from 11:15-3:30AM, I tossed a couple strips of Trout meat on a size 5/0 with a sturgeon slider and 2oz, about 45mins on my first cast, my baitrunner started screaming steadily (spinning reel with clicker), after a 7-10 minute fight on 50lb Powerpro with a 50lb Tuffline Leader, I ended up landing a 30lb Channel Cat with a basketball for a stomach, I am pretty pooped from jetty fishing since 6AM and coming back to town just to get right back to fishing, I put the fish in a 250 gallon ice chest with Willy water in it, I plan on trying to get it in the paper and taking some photos once daylight arrives, expect a couple photos possibly around noon tomorrow, this thing is half as big as me. I plan on going back tomorrow and reviving it after photos and what not, I would love to see more of these swimming around.

Reactions: skunk, lilsalmon, OutdoorsTeen and 3 others
J
JAFO
Put another 6lbs. on him and catch him again, you'll have yourself a State record.
Regardless, 30 pounds is a pig! Nice job.

T
the_intimidator03
this thread is worthless without pics LOL glad to hear about your catch, in our cooler waters thats a pretty old fish in my book. looking forwards to the pics

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
the_intimidator03 said:
this thread is worthless without pics LOL

Pretty damned much!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Nice job Drew! Maybe next time you'll catch one even bigger. I'll bet that he/she is in there!

F
Fishtopher
I believe it!!! Ive had fish peel my line at night that made me wonder if I had caught a smaller(big) sturgeon down at the Waterfront in d-town Portland, and above the falls at Willamette Park. Ill bet you caught him closer to 3am than 11pm though huh????

T
TTFishon
Nice job dude!!! Can't wait for the pics!!!

M
mrlindeman
Holy Moly drew that rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! I will come over tomorrow I want to see that beast. Did you catch him at the spot we go?

Reactions: Drew9870
R
radiation
I can't wait for the pics. That's one biga** catfish for Oregon. I'll bet you had your hands full when you got him to the surface.

T
Throbbit _Shane
awesome!!! i look forward to the picture as does everyone else :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
just like my dad said, you never know what your going to catch out of the willy. great job drew it sounds like a beast, can't wait to see pics

D
Drew9870
I don't have a good quality camera, otherwise I would have brought him inside the house last night, I believe the water in the chest ended up too cold and his body shut down, I feel bad, but mrlindman will be over sometime soon with the camera.

R
RunWithSasquatch
You mean fish can't survive in coolers? Anything for a picture :)

D
Drew9870
Heres a phone pic my dad took last night to hold everyone over :).

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Holy asterisk, Batman!!!!

Get a good photo and I'll ask Anatoliy to put it up on the featured reports banner.

N
nwkiller
that is so f$$$in sick bro, way to go!!!!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
wow! THAT THING IS HUGE

H
halibuthitman
whoa Drew! grab your garden hose and cram it in the ice chest and force feed it some water... you can even put it in its mouth on very low for a few minutes.. these fish will live days out of water-

Reactions: eggs
T
Throbbit _Shane
I hope u know some one with a private pond :D

R
RunWithSasquatch
halibuthitman said:
whoa Drew! grab your garden hose and cram it in the ice chest and force feed it some water... you can even put it in its mouth on very low for a few minutes.. these fish will live days out of water-

It read to me as if it were 'too late', am I wrong?

Last edited: