3-19-2010 Nice at LookOut

B
bd2cool
What a nice day at LookOut!
We launch at 8 and got to say it was a little chilly-30 degrees-but no wind and the sun was out and shinning bright!:D
We started trolling right by the ramp on the Lowell side toward the dam.
Jacob was using a flasher and a spoon, I was using a spoon on one rod and a wedding ring on the other rod.
I got one good hit on the spoon but that was all the action there so we went down to the dam.
At the dam we change up gear and I got my first fish-a small chinook which I released.
After trying spinners,spoon,powerbait,worms the wind started to kick up and we went back to the ramp.
On the way back I had some old flasher blades(beer cans) that I never use so I thought what the heck-fish on within 5 minutes.
I landed a nice 13 inch native rainbow and Jacob landed a nice 11 inch chinook,we release all the small chinooks that was caught.

See you all on the 27th.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice pictures, 13 inch rainbow nice too :D

It was a nice day at Crescent Lake too today, we caught 2 Mackinaws and you couldnt ask for better weather. Defiantly recommend that lake if you have a boat.

T
Thuggin4Life
Still a good day on the water. Nice pics but don't be showing everyone my house I am worried oabout getting robbed. See you all in a week.

B
Brianb1962
Hey Thuggin4life, that is were I go when the wife sends me to the dog house.

B
bd2cool
Kind of makes me miss my childhood!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Thuggy, I design and sell home security systems for a living. Would you like a quote? LOL

W
watchout trout
I was up there today and got pounded by the waves in my driftboat. My friend got a 14" rainbow on a gold spoon. Saw your place up there Thuggin. Looks lake a great view of the res from up there. Hoping it's a little calmer next weekend.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice pictures, 13 inch rainbow nice too :D

It was a nice day at Crescent Lake too today, we caught 2 Mackinaws and you couldnt ask for better weather. Defiantly recommend that lake if you have a boat.

Throbbit...How did you catch those macs?

B
bd2cool
Throbbit-yes tell us more! :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Funny how I haven't seen my own pad yet. I owe lookout a visit but won't see it until the BBQ. Throbit garunteed trolled a bit faster than a "normal" troll in anywhere from 80'-140' of water along the east shore of crescent alke along the thermocline with a stick bait that made a mac think food. My guess of color something with some silver/grey/black in it ot a brown/rainbow pattern. My guess is some good down riggers deserve some credit.

T
Throbbit _Shane
We caught them with downriggers about 15 feet off the bottom in about 130ft of water, trolling a couple mph's with some big rappalas. Ill make a post in more detail later. Today i fished Lake Selmac, got my limit all on a yellow and red panther martin :D

H
Hawk
Looks like another Wonderful Day Bro...

Great pics

:D:D:D
:cool::cool: