2nd hand Clack info

J
just1nook
For what its worth the guy downstream from me at the first rapid below Cross Park said 20-25 were caught at the bowling alley hole yesterday. Didn't see any action this am where I was.

R
Rascal
wow maybe at least half true

F
fishwithdynamite
20-25 @ the bowling alley?

20-25 @ the bowling alley?

I wonder how many of those were foul hooked. I'm planning on spending most of my time next week on the Clack. Probably out on the mouth tossing spinners. Is this gonna be a waste of time? Should I look farther upriver for some silver? I am welcome to any feedback. Also, if anyone wants to meet up at first light somewhere, I'll be there.

F
FishKiller23
Well on my way out I stoped in at the bowling alley hole for a few and I saw 6fish caught. 2 were native and 1 foul hooked that was released good for that guy. The others I saw were hooked in the mouth... I didn't stay to long but by the time I left there was atleast 80 people.

Most were using 4 + FT of leader though. I headed upriver a bit and fish for a few hours with nothing to show for. Good luck.

O one last thing A guy there told me the same thing that there was 20-25 fish caught yesterday.

F
Fishtopher
People keep sayin that everywhere I go!LOL. I read the same thing on IFish yesterday afternoon. There were probably a few caught there for sure though. They're in there.

F
FishKiller23
yea theres some in thats for sure. I am gotta go some where tomorrow I still havnt figured it out. Any one else hittin the water tomorrow?

F
Fishtopher
Ehh, Im headed to Bonneville I think. 57000 Chinook, 17000 Steelhead and 27000 Coho, have passed just in September alone. I figure theres one in there for me somewhere.
Local spots on the Clack and Sandy are probably gonna be loaded with people, so hopefully I'll have some bank space.:)

T
Troutier Bassier
Ragle Fragle!
There Here There Here!
Yippy!

V
VagrantAngler
I was down by the bowling alley toady and it was very gratifying to have the Staters come down and write a guy a ticket for Yarding one in sideways and keeping it! About time!

A
adambomb
VagrentAngler said:
I was down by the bowling alley toady and it was very gratifying to have the Staters come down and write a guy a ticket for Yarding one in sideways and keeping it! About time!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance:

F
fishwithdynamite
Clack attack

Clack attack

Yup, this rain is definitely bringing them in. I know I'll fish at least four mornings this week, hopefully more. Do they drift at the bowling alley, or pitch spinners? Glad to hear someone got a ticket for foul hooking, he knew better. Does anyone know what the hot colors/types/sizes are for spinners? Also I heard that crankbaits can be productive at the mouth. I'm pretty new to stream fishing, any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and fishing success to all!

A
Anyfishisfine
I'm utterly pumped, but not looking forward to the crowds.

F
fishwithdynamite
I can't stop thinking about fish!

I can't stop thinking about fish!

I'm not one for the combat fishing, however, I dont really know any other holes besides the usual suspects. I figure that if I fish often, and keep my lure fishing consistantly, I'm bound to get one.:pray: Still, 20-25 isn't a great average for 80+ people. Oh well, its not gonna deter my efforts. I hope to see many more fish caught over the next few weeks.

T
Troutier Bassier
There in the Sandy!

F
fishwithdynamite
In the sandy.

In the sandy.

I've never fished the sandy. Any recommendations as to where to start looking for them? What are the weapons of choice over there? I just want to catch some fish.

F
fishwithdynamite
Pandamonium!

Pandamonium!

I never knew that the term combat fishing was literal!

M
Mike123
VagrentAngler said:

You mean those guys in the Blue trucks with the funny hats actually write tickets for snagging? Huh.. :lol::lol::lol:

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
There in the Sandy!

Care to elaborate? :think:

T
Troutier Bassier
Im not gonna Say about it anymore until Tomrrow.

H
HANKIII
Gonna go troll around the mouth tomorrow.... What do you all think would be the best rig ??? Blue fox,wiggle warts ?