2nd Choice

M
Merle
My wife Betty and I along with a Church friend Steve tried to get into some of those Brook Trout in Clear Lake (Mt. Hood) When we arrived we saw high wind and white caps on the lake, so we drove to Timothy Lake we did not catch any Brook Trout, but in 2 1/2 hours we caught 3 limits of rainbows trolling a Wedding Ring tipped with a nightcrawler.[/SIZE][/B] :):lol:;)[[/SIZE]ATTACH=CONFIG]18825[/ATTACH][/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
Nicely done.

M
mgdguy
Good job! :clap:

J
JKham
Nice work! What was the average size you caught? Last time I was there in the late summer, they were all pretty small 8-10 inchers.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Great Job.
Beautiful pic.
:clap::clap:
:D:D
:cool::cool:

Did you see any crawdads in shallow waters??

M
Merle
I'm sorry I did not look for Crawdads. Originally we were headed to Clear Lake but was forced to go on to Timothy by high winds and white caps on Clear Lake. I wish I had know we would go to Timothy I would have taken a couple of Dad traps. The size of the fish were the typical ODFW. planters.

We use ultra light rods and reels with heavier line (to stand up to trolling) So even small fish are fun and put up a fight.

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
That's a great report. I know there have been some good catch rates in both lakes and as soon as it warms up a little more I'll be brave enough to try it there again.

Merle, How come her chain has more fish on it that yours does? :lol:

M
Merle
GDBrown,
Well that picture is of our Church friend Steve Bonilla. I'll try to include my picture below.
But yes my wife catches more fish than I do. Every time she tells someone about who caught the most fish I can hear her cackling, it sounds like the wicked witch of the west!

Last edited by a moderator: