2nd Annual Trillium trophy trout trip

2nd Annual Trillium trophy trout trip

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

OnTheFly

It is time once again for the annual Trillium Trophy Trout Trip. This event will happen September 6th through Sunday the 11th. We will be targeting the trophy size rainbow trout that get dumped in the lake a week before Labor Day and our goal is to fish out the entire lake! Last years event was extremely entertaining and with enough OFF members attending, this year could be even better! It will be the same plan as last year where people can arrive anytime after Labor Day and stay one day or all week. For myself, I will be there by Tuesday the the 6th or Wednesday at the latest and fish until Sunday. Most likely, Saturday night should turn into a ‘Reel’ bash!

If you read last years Thread you will find that it is not a fly fishing only gathering but instead a no holds barred fishing effort. That means all methods are encouraged. There will be no pot luck or gift exchange. This is a straight up fishing event that will simply allow members to meet other members and the opportunity to lace into some fine fish!

Take the time to read the 2010 Trillium trip then decide for yourself if this is something you’d be interested in. Hope you decide to come along!

Trillium015

Last edited:
E

eggs

Depends on when the kid comes but most likely a day trip.... maybe a Saturday night camp/drunk/fly tying could be possible.. I voted a day only option..

M

Markcanby

I will be there but I'm not drinking any of Growbug hooch.

L

lilsalmon

I am soooo gonna be there. It was great last year. I didn't read this thread before I posted in another thread so this just answered my question, Jim. For anyone that wasn't there last year, you really need to come. It was great fishing and fun. I am going to target that trophy that popped OFF just between my feet last year...he is there waiting for me.....If by luck I have a job by then I will tell them I have a funeral planned and have to have that time OFF....hehe

B

bigsteel

i will be there,with a net this time

O

OnTheFly

Just bringing this back up again to stir up more intrest. I'm thinking Jeanna will need a plan to be sick that weekend and come up with convincible dialogue to inform her boss about it.:dance:

L

lilsalmon

I am excited to go but if I still have Jeannas toon I will have a problem getting mine and Daves there. My brothers truck was taken away by my niece....grrrrrr

O

OnTheFly

I am excited to go but if I still have Jeannas toon I will have a problem getting mine and Daves there. My brothers truck was taken away by my niece....grrrrrr
If it becomes a problem when the time comes, you can use mine. I plan to bring both toon boats but I will be fishing in my float tube.

E

eggs

If I am not going to make it for some reason Rose and Dave can use the bathtub, just gotta get it up there. If I can only make it for a day.. I can take it up there Thursday/Friday and drop it off and come back up and fish sunday and bring it home..

N

n8r1

Sounds fun, but I have to work M-F, and the Ducks' home opener is on Saturday 9/10 against Nevada. Just got my season tix in the mail yesterday!

L

lilsalmon

If I am not going to make it for some reason Rose and Dave can use the bathtub, just gotta get it up there. If I can only make it for a day.. I can take it up there Thursday/Friday and drop it off and come back up and fish sunday and bring it home..

Riding around Trillium in a bathtub......thats something to think about....hehe. We will get it worked out I am sure.

brandon4455

brandon4455

its a maybe for me and my dad. depends if i go anjd spend my money on flies instead of gas. LOL

G

GDBrown

I will be returning from Utah that week but plan on fishing my way home bad arm or not! I plan on stopping at Trillium with the "Lazy Drifter" & my Float Tube so they will be available while I'm there. If someone wants to use my float tube before then send me a PM.

Anything happening this weekend?

GD

L

lilsalmon

Yay!!!! Glad you will be there.....we are heading to the Nestucca for Brandons Bday......camping for a couple nights

G

GDBrown

Yay!!!! Glad you will be there.....we are heading to the Nestucca for Brandons Bday......camping for a couple nights

I'm leaving Saturday morning for a weekend with the grandkids up north. Coming back monday afternoon and getting ready to head for Utah and the "heat"!

GD

O

OnTheFly

By the way, if any of you love the taste of rainbow trout, this fishery is for you! The stocked 'trophy trout' they put into Trillium are great! These are the only trout I keep all year and I try to get as many as I can. The meat is that hearty pink color and it retains the flavor if properly vacuum packed and will keep for 9 months or longer. Now if you 'don't ' like the taste of trout then catching these fatties is still worth the trip. There is plenty of bank access but a using a floating device increases your chances. There are many new comers to this forum since last year and I was hoping some of you would take advantage of this opportunity to meet other members and show off your fishing skills. Come on....pull the trigger and go!

Last edited:
E

eggs

Bud Light Special.... Designed, Built, Tested and Proven to murder the trophies trout in Trillium!

Top secret pattern.. but here is a glimpse at it..

IMG 20100912 210433

O

OnTheFly

Bud Light Special.... Designed, Built, Tested and Proven to murder the trophies trout in Trillium!

Top secret pattern.. but here is a glimpse at it..

IMG 20100912 210433
Highly deadly. It can only be tied while consuming mass quantities.

A

autofisher

I'm hoping that my schedule at work will be figured out by then.... I want to make it up there. I had so much fun.... Even if it is for a day.

I

idahojeff

I'm in! Early start...hit lake at 5:30am. Fish on people!