291/2 lb Timber Linn brooder washed up dead...pics!!!!!!

D
DontTaxMeBro
Kids found in the grass. Had punctures on its back...maybe the Osprey tried to
snag it and it dies...who know. Too bad though. This was taken las Wednesday (May 12th.)
Look at the shoe...this thing is at least 36" long. Oh well, go get the one in Waverly.

Last edited by a moderator:
G
Growbug
Seems that the eagles around here know the stocking schedule. When a truck turns up, they arrive and wait for the floaters to start showing up.

T
TTFishon
What a poor representation of a record fish. Not even smart enough to watch out for predators. Thanks for posting the pics.

B
beaverfan
Didn't they put two in there? One like 15-16 and then the 29lber? That doesn't look anywhere near a 30lb fish. It looks like 15-16lb.

I mean here's a pick of a 30lb Chinook, it is WAY bigger than the supposed 29lber.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TTFishon
beaverfan said:
Didn't they put two in there? One like 15-16 and then the 29lber? That doesn't look anywhere near a 30lb fish. It looks like 15-16lb.

I mean here's a pick of a 30lb Chinook, it is WAY bigger than the supposed 29lber.

I was thinkin the same thing but I thought maybe it dehydrated some. I think you're right though.

H
hick
The smaller of the two was caught within a couple days after they stocked it.

troutdude
troutdude
Yes, it is true. The smaller one of the two, was caught and verified by the local newspaper.

And I agree completely. Those pics do NOT look like those of a 29 pounder at all. About 1/2 of that maybe. I wear size 10 boots, which is 11 inches. If the foot in the pic is the same size as mine...well, you get the drift.

Plus, there is no way to tell where that one was actually caught. So, did it even really come out of Timber Linn? We can't know that for sure, at least not based on those pics.

I also doubt that a few claw marks in the back, from a bird, are going to kill a fish that big. The claws wouldn't penetrate deeply enough to cause enough damage. And why wasn't it picked apart by predators?

I'm still thinking that these guys are pranksters. They want us to think, that the big one is dead--so we won't go after it. That way, they won't have any of us competing against them to catch it. It's just a cheesy way to try and trick the rest of us.

Last edited:
M
Mike123
Yea.. that fish looks 18lbs tops... no way 29lbs...

N
nwkiller
beaverfan said:

man that salmon looks like its pushing 40

T
troutmasta
nwkiller said:

Word! thats a fat 30.

troutdude
troutdude
Yes, you are correct. They put 2 Triploid Trout in the lake. The smaller one, was already caught and a pic was in the paper. I suspect that the pic that DONTAXMEBRO showed us, was that smaller fish (or conjured up from somewhere else). It is definitely NOT the bigger one.

N
nwkiller
maybe its all mumbojumbo so people can buy there selves time to hook into the new record??!! thats just what i been thinkin ever sense someone was saying there friend had pics of it dead on the bank???!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::think::think::D

T
Thuggin4Life
First and for most if anyone of you guys go and catch that and aplly for a record i will be writing my rep, senator, gov, and the president and even starting rallies in protest. And second that little nasty brooder isn't anywhere nere 29lbs sorry.

R
RLK
29 pounds or 29 inches? Sure would have been a fun trout to catch. BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

T
the_intimidator03
troutdude said:
Yes, you are correct. They put 2 Triploid Trout in the lake. The smaller one, was already caught and a pic was in the paper. I suspect that the pic that DONTAXMEBRO showed us, was that smaller fish (or conjured up from somewhere else). It is definitely NOT the bigger one.

Honestly i dont believe ive seen a trout look THAT bad that was alive THAT day when caught lol it looks to have been out of the water for some time.

B
beaverfan
nwkiller said:

This Salmon was caught on the Rogue River by the wife of my dad's college roommate. It weighed in at 32.5lbs, a 30lb Salmon is a very large fish!

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
First and for most if anyone of you guys go and catch that and aplly for a record i will be writing my rep, senator, gov, and the president and even starting rallies in protest. And second that little nasty brooder isn't anywhere nere 29lbs sorry.

I sent an email to IGFA asking about this. I'm still waiting for a reply.

D
DontTaxMeBro
troutdude said:
Yes, it is true. The smaller one of the two, was caught and verified by the local newspaper.

And I agree completely. Those pics do NOT look like those of a 29 pounder at all. About 1/2 of that maybe. I wear size 10 boots, which is 11 inches. If the foot in the pic is the same size as mine...well, you get the drift.

Plus, there is no way to tell where that one was actually caught. So, did it even really come out of Timber Linn? We can't know that for sure, at least not based on those pics.

I also doubt that a few claw marks in the back, from a bird, are going to kill a fish that big. The claws wouldn't penetrate deeply enough to cause enough damage. And why wasn't it picked apart by predators?

I'm still thinking that these guys are pranksters. They want us to think, that the big one is dead--so we won't go after it. That way, they won't have any of us competing against them to catch it. It's just a cheesy way to try and trick the rest of us.

Good Lord Troutdude. You think you are a detective or something. First things first, this is ALBANY, and we are talking about a shythole pond with diapers floating in it, in other words, small-town bs. The picks WERE taken at TimberLinn and I know the 15 lber was already causght...so you try to figure it out again. wile you are at it, investigate the pics to find the REAL cause of death...then lets us know what you come up with. A prankster, I am NOT> I have better things to do than try to keep people from showing up at a mud hole. ALBANY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

F
Fishtopher
DontTaxMeBro said:
Good Lord Troutdude. You think you are a detective or something. First things first, this is ALBANY, and we are talking about a shythole pond with diapers floating in it, in other words, small-town bs. The picks WERE taken at TimberLinn and I know the 15 lber was already causght...so you try to figure it out again. wile you are at it, investigate the pics to find the REAL cause of death...then lets us know what you come up with. A prankster, I am NOT> I have better things to do than try to keep people from showing up at a mud hole. ALBANY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Nice response dude.
Now Ill offer my worthless wooden nickle-the 'nook looks to me like its probably over 30 by 5-6 lbs. The trout looks like it's at least 20. Easy. Ive seen plenty of Chinook in the 30-40lb range, but not so many 'bow over 20lbs!!
I have no problem accepting the story of a bird of prey swoopin up that fish, trying to fly away, only to drop it 'cuz the sumbitch weighed too much!

C
Combat Chuck
If you look at the picture of it being released it doesn't look 29lbs either. Its not long, just fat. I could believe that this is the big one.