29 pound brooder in Timber Linn Pond

T
TTFishon
I sure hope a kid catches this fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
the_intimidator03
well there is some conflicting INFO in that from what i posted elsewhere. that being they are called brood trout there (reproductive) and on the news being triploids (sterile) but regardless would be fun to catch either way

troutdude
troutdude
The Rec Report that TT posted does not say that the fish is a Brooder. It says that they are clearing out the hatchery (of the triploids), to make room for some younger brood fish.

T
the_intimidator03
•Several huge brood trout will be released at various sites throughout the month of May. These are fish that have been used to produce eggs at ODFW’s Roaring River hatchery and need to be removed to make way for younger brood stock. The first one to be released was a 29-pound trout that was released in Timber Linn Pond near Albany. The other sites and release dates are as follows: Canby Pond (May 7), Walter Wirth Pond in Salem (May 13), Waverly Lake, Albany (May 14), Sunnyside Park Pond, Sweethome (May 21), and Thistle Pond, west of Alsea, (June 12).

I just read that as brood trout and not triploid lol but its no difference 29 lbs is 29 lbs I could be looking at another area but its the same basic deal as what i had posted elsewhere

troutdude
troutdude
It must be nice to be a newspaper reporter. You can be wrong 1/2 of the time, and still get paid a keep your job! Good grief!!!

B
bigsteel
ide love to hook that on the fly rod

troutdude
troutdude
I'd pay $$$ to see LilSalmon play it out, with her 6 weight! It would make her fight w/ that 18 pound steelie...look like a walk in the park! :lol:

I
Ifishforfood
i wish i could go to timber linn lake !! i went there once while staying at my aunts house a few years ago. i didn't catch any trout, but caught well over a hundred green sunfish. i also caght a lot of good catfish, and almost caght a lunker largemouth. that is a very productive lake. anyone who gets to regularly fish that place is lucky.

C
czoom
Sure would be nice hooking on that fish!

G
Gonna Catch A Triploid
Yes it is a productive lake. Got few bass in the summer, lots of stocked trout in the winter/spring. I would kill or die to catch that 29'er in there right now.

B
beaverfan
The 29lber washed up dead on shore.

R
ReelDeal
are you sure about that..I think its hear say

B
Bass Ackwards
My buddy had a pic of it dead on shore yesterday

N
nwkiller
lets see that picture u keep talking about that your friend has!!

B
Bass Ackwards
No thanks

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
nwkiller said:
lets see that picture u keep talking about that your friend has!!

N
nwkiller
sounds like someone is trying to keep poeple away from his state record...lol..j/k, i really, really want to see the pic......but i think its a hoax, but trust me im not gonna fill the gas tank to go investigate, not even sure where the pond is

T
TTFishon
nwkiller said:
sounds like someone is trying to keep poeple away from his state record...lol..j/k, i really, really want to see the pic......but i think its a hoax, but trust me im not gonna fill the gas tank to go investigate, not even sure where the pond is

It's less than a mile from my work. I'm tempted to go try to catch it just to keep it out of the record books. lol

T
Thuggin4Life
TTFishon said:
It's less than a mile from my work. I'm tempted to go try to catch it just to keep it out of the record books. lol
If the fish is still alive you would be doing this state a great service.

B
Bass Ackwards
nwkiller said:

Dang it!!! Looks like you figured out my master plan!!LOL. I'll see if I can get him to send it to me. He said somebody found it dead on shore and put a rope or something through it gills and out its mouth and people were holding it and taking pictures. His pic was his mom holding it up and it was almost as big as her. To get to the pond coming north take exit 234 and take a right, then take a right at the first light on timber st. then take another right at price rd. first gravel rd. on the left