24 hour fishing?

N
nwkiller
can anyone tell me what lakes you can fish 24 hours, or where i can find that info?

thanks

T
Throbbit _Shane
Well, its not in the willamette zone, but down here the only place you can fish 24 hours is Lake of the Woods.

N
nwkiller
do u know the reason that they allow you to fish it 24? is there catfish in there, if so that might be y

T
Throbbit _Shane
I believe there are catfish, along with kokes, bows, and i think brown trout.

troutdude
troutdude
You may be able to fish a lot of lakes "24 hours". But, you can only keep gamefish like trout, kokes, steelies, salmon, etc. during daylight hours (one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset).

At night, you can likely keep warmwater species like bass, panfish, cats, etc.

But, you'd best look it up in the regs before you try it.

T
Thuggin4Life
They way i have it figured is trout kokes salmon steel is 1 hour before and 1 hour after. Bass, crappie, bluegill, cats are 24 hours. So as long as the lake/river/pond doesn't say closed from 1 hour after sunset to 1 before sunrise (which some do so no night fishing at all) you are good for the species that are fishable. Then there are some lakes that are open for anything 24 hours. just double check the regs or search through the reg book to find what you are after.

N
nwkiller
yeah, i talkied to a stater who frequents one of my spots and me and him read through the synopsis and he could only say that places with catfish....which i know isn't true.....thanks guys

troutdude
troutdude
You can always call ODFW, and get the word straight from the horses mouth.

F
fishindude
Lake of The Woods is open to 24 hr fishing so that anglers can target Brown Trout