2019 Owyhee Reservoir warming up

OneFishTwoFish

Weather is wet and cold over here; crappie/bass fishing is very slow compared to this time last year..about 3-4 fish per hour. STILL EARLY. Not a single Channel cat, which was very surprising. If your headed this way, wait another two weeks. Bass are good sized, however crappie caught were smaller than last year, but again, its still early. Owyhee Reservoir is one of my favorite Crappie fisheries in the State and the Owyhee River one of my favorite Brown trout rivers. A great combo day if you get the chance!
Hopefully hitting up Brownlee in the next two weeks:D

Irishrover

Spent a couple of years living in Ontario. We used to hit the river below the dam for browns. The reservoir was great for bass and crappie. I always thought that drain hole by the dam was something to watch. Sure would not like to go down that hole! Haven't been there in years.

OneFishTwoFish

Ah yes, the renowned "glory hole!" That would be one hellva ride for sure! It's a beautiful dam in my opinion and the prototype for the famous Hoover Dam, which is a kinda cool factoid.

Irishrover

"the prototype for the famous Hoover Dam, which is a kinda cool factoid."

Didn't know that, it is kinda cool. The glory hole was interesting to watch, sometimes you would see a quick flash of silver and knew another crappie went down river.

OneFishTwoFish

That's too hilarious! I never thought about watching to see what things the glory hole vortex pulls into the depths. Have you ever caught Rainbows in the reservoir? Rumor has it of perch in there as well..

Irishrover

Never rainbow only bass and crappie. On fall we did duck hunt the river with good success. I guess I need to return to that neck of the woods it's great country.