2019 Hobie Outback

my2labs
my2labs
Thank you for this insight Roger.

I took a peek at NWKA and will spend some time digging around it in the future, but these models/brands you've listed will be a nice first step in my research.

I had so much fun kayak fishing in Kauai that it is a no brainer for me in the nearish future.

Im really thinking about selling my drift boat next year, buying another pontoon for my wife/friends to use for floating rivers and a couple kayaks for lakes/the ocean. But, I owe a few people some trips in the drifter before I decide to sell it or not.. @Hookedup

Wife is sold on the kayak idea 100%, though I don't think she is thinking about $3k for each one lol.

I have some finegaling to do..... :)

P
pinstriper
my2labs said:
Thank you for this insight Roger.

I took a peek at NWKA and will spend some time digging around it in the future, but these models/brands you've listed will be a nice first step in my research.

I had so much fun kayak fishing in Kauai that it is a no brainer for me in the nearish future.

Im really thinking about selling my drift boat next year, buying another pontoon for my wife/friends to use for floating rivers and a couple kayaks for lakes/the ocean. But, I owe a few people some trips in the drifter before I decide to sell it or not.. @Hookedup

Wife is sold on the kayak idea 100%, though I don't think she is thinking about $3k for each one lol.

I have some finegaling to do..... :)

Come springtime, lets head over to Hagg and I will put you and your wife in an Outback and a Sport.

My wife had the same attitude until she tried my Outback. She said “I get it, now”, and we moved her from her Tarpon into a Sport.

my2labs
my2labs
pinstriper said:
Come springtime, lets head over to Hagg and I will put you and your wife in an Outback and a Sport.

My wife had the same attitude until she tried my Outback. She said “I get it, now”, and we moved her from her Tarpon into a Sport.

I may just take you up on that sir. Thank you.

I enjoy fishing with my wife very much and kayaks will only expand those opportunities.

hobster
hobster
I haven’t really fished with my wife much at all. Kinda like George in that episode of Seinfeld. “The worlds are colliding, they’re killing independent George” :ROFLMAO:

my2labs
my2labs
hobster said:
I haven’t really fished with my wife much at all. Kinda like George in that episode of Seinfeld. “The worlds are colliding, they’re killing independent George” :ROFLMAO:

I hear yah.

I fish solo a lot. Most of the time in fact. It’s my only release from life behind multiple computer monitors all week. There is no replacing that.

And going with buddies out is also a blast.

But ...... there is something very special when I get to watch her fight a big fish. She gets so excited (I may actually get more than her) and as long as we maintain a balance with it, all of those experiences are very fulfilling.

In fact, her first steelhead is still a few lbs over any of mine. And I’ve been doing this since I was about 9. Go figure!

I’d highly encourage you to take her out, float fishing jigs during peak season once or twice to keep it simple and fun, with a high chance of success. A little lunch can can also go along way. Just don’t plan to cover a ton of water and remember to let her enjoy the trip.

It’s a date day, fishing.

If you do it right, you can still maintain independent George!

Here’s her first steelie post from 2015:

https://www.oregonfishingforum.com/threads/her-first-steelie-jan-1st-2015.33199/

Last edited:
P
pinstriper
IMG_0015.jpg

hobster
hobster
my2labs said:
I hear yah.

I fish solo a lot. Most of the time in fact. It’s my only release from life behind multiple computer monitors all week. There is no replacing that.

And going with buddies out is also a blast.

But ...... there is something very special when I get to watch her fight a big fish. She gets so excited (I may actually get more than her) and as long as we maintain a balance with it, all of those experiences are very fulfilling.

In fact, her first steelhead is still a few lbs over any of mine. And I’ve been doing this since I was about 9. Go figure!

I’d highly encourage you to take her out, float fishing jigs during peak season once or twice to keep it simple and fun, with a high chance of success. A little lunch can can also go along way. Just don’t plan to cover a ton of water and remember to let her enjoy the trip.

It’s a date day, fishing.

If you do it right, you can still maintain independent George!

Here’s her first steelie post from 2015:

https://www.oregonfishingforum.com/threads/her-first-steelie-jan-1st-2015.33199/

Yeah I hear ya, I have been with my wife for 30 years and we still camp and have lots of fun together. I know she couldn't handle winter steelheading and that's my favorite. That will always be my independent George ;)
I know she'd love to do a float down the Mac in the summer but I feel like i'm just getting the handle on being behind the sticks. Haven't done it much, but this last year I felt a lot more confident. Next summer I think i'll be ready, maybe start OFF with some trout. Hope we get a snow pack and some decent flows for summer!!
Sorry for the thread hijack Roger!

Reactions: my2labs